“Not all dive shops are created equal”

Islamorada Dive Center
Ranked #18 of 164 Tours in Islamorada
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Having experienced numerous dive operators while diving wrecks off NJ, as well as operators throughout the Carribbean and Florida, the Islamorada Dive Center is among the best I have found. Great crew, safety-first attitudes, high degree of professionalism, and knowledge of the wrecks, reefs, and marine life local to the area are all on display. Eric runs a surperior operation, and whether your interest is tech or recreational diving, spearfishing, or lobstering, this is the place. They have a second boat coming on line, which I looked at, and it is perfect for these waters. A beautiful 36' with the kind of room that divers love. Trust me. You want to dive with these folks.

keyscowboy, Owner at Islamorada Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hey Rich where the heck are ya? Get back down here so we can go have some hunting fun.

Tell your wife hello for me, see ya soon!

Eric

in 14 reviews
"boat crew"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have arranged the dives with this dive center ahead of time by email, so when we arrived, everything was already set for us to go diving. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
Dives were mostly in shallow areas (15-40ft), with exception of the Eagle wreck dive (100ft). Plenty of drinking water provided on board. They also were very nice in calling ahead to a nearby restaurant from the boat to order lunch for us , since we had only a short time before coming back for the afternoon dive.
I only wished for a slightly better organization. The experience would have been smoother if the office had clearly indicated gathering/check-in times for everyone. Also, had to track down the correct staff member to assist with renting additional gear.

Hey Anna, thanks for the review. Sorry it was a bit chaotic when you checked in. Our compressor had just went down so we were scrambling a bit. Hopefully you'll be back again so we can show our true selves.

Thanks
Eric

Reviewed May 9, 2013

As a diver you know how important the crew is for your trip. Here you are with experienced people who want you to have a great dive. The Islamorada Dive Center keeps the number of divers manageable and stresses safety. I rented a BCD and regulator for a 2 tank dive. They were both relative new as was all the equipment there. Nothing sketchy about this place.

Eric runs the show and has assembled a realy good team. This time I had Jack buddy up with me on a dive to the wreck The Eagle. It is a good dive we saw a shark, lots of fish and a goliath grouper that lives there. That fish is massive.

Don't go to a dive center with a couple of boats and lots of divers. Go to the Islamorada Dive Center for a good evperience.

keyscowboy, Owner at Islamorada Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hey George thanks so much for the kind words. Be safe up there and come back soon when the New York winters get to ya!!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 day trip from Islamorada, we've dived with several outfits down here previously, and pretty much expected the standard diving experience for this part of the world. However we ended up with something way above and beyond our expectations. Eric and his passionate team have been operating here since Dec 2012, and have clearly been diving with each other for a number of years. I had a long exchange of emails with Eric beforehand, to determine what diving package would suit us best, and with his expert advice agreed on a reef, wreck, PADI course, and underwater hunter package for our visit. The first thing you notice with these guys is how passionate they are about what they do, and how much they want you to share that passion with them.
Our diving experience with them seemed to be effortless, in that everything that needed to be done was done for you, with the focus being getting you into the water as soon as possible, and to the best sites Islamorada has to offer. Unusually, in our experience, they had on average 2 guides in the water for every dive, all of whom seem to have been born and breed in the beautiful reefs we dived on, and we now have our dive logs full of sharks, turtles, rays, eels, lobsters, and masses of fish. These guys also offer some exhilarating wreck dives and even managed to persuade my wife to dive her first ever wreck, and then a second, both with a vice like grip on the hands of Patrick and Stacey!
This teams passion for what they do is equally matched by their ambition to deliver something unique and different in the diving world of the Florida Keys, with the forthcoming arrival of a new boat (for Dan to play with!) it is clear to see these guys growing from strength to strength over the coming months and years.
If you are going to dive anywhere on the Florida Keys, call these guys first, they will give you all you think you want, and stuff you don't think you wanted in one very competitively priced package. We are certainly planning to visit again. Thanks so much to the whole team for such an incredible diving experience - you have set the bar so high.

Steve!! Sorry it took so long to comment. I want to thank you for your review. We try hard to go over and above the normal service, and its nice to see its appreciated. I hope you and Chris are doing well. I'm looking forward to seeing you both again soon. Chris, now that you're a wreck diver, we need to hit the Bibb!! Woo Hoo!!!