Paradise Hang Gliding - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Hangglidding in Islamorada,Fl

Reviewed September 8, 2013
Zuly7360
Most amazing and unique adventure!

Reviewed September 4, 2013
TravlinStacey
Ridgewood, New Jersey
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Amazing experience, our family had an incredible day of adventure and fun. When they let go of the rope you are actually flying like a bird, wow. The staff is knowledgeable and very friendly.

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My whole family enjoyed hang gliding with Scott and his crew today! My young daughters were nervous before arriving but Maryanne put them completely at ease. Very safe, professional and expert. The entire experience was exciting and spectacular. Scott went out of his way to give us the best flights mother nature would allow.

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank TravlinStacey
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was amazing. Crew was great! The pilot can make it a smooth ride or do some tricks if you want. I felt so safe, I even let my 10 year old who really wanted to go (but I did not want him to) fly after me. Highly recommend! We saw a a lot of sea life from boat and air which was a cool bonus.

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank Mary22514
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This flight (August 2, 2013) was a birthday present for my 13 year old son. Scott and the crew did an excellent job. I was impressed with all of the safety procedures. My son enjoyed the flight immensely and was wearing the biggest grin I have ever seen on his face after he landed. This is a unique experience that really can't be duplicated. The flight video is great as well as it gives those who did not fly a little taste of the experience.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank Leslie S
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family and I visited the keys. We stopped at key largo visitor center. It was about 4 PM, which mean that we didn't had a lot of options, so we order a glide to my son at the Paradise Hang Gliding. It was 160 $ (149+TAX) and we paid 37$ in advance.
We quickly arrived the place., to find out how much the money important to the operators. The lady ask extra 25$ for each person on board (which was totally empty; we were extra 4 meaning addition of 100$ for nothing (Ok, we got cold drink). It was too late to cancel. The lady agreed to go 15$ each , but later I saw that I was also billed for extra: 10$ for fuel surcharge, 10 $ for ushga membership, 5$ for cc convenience fee per flight. Nobody said anything about it. I mailed for refund and got no answer.
We also paid 45$ for HD video , but at least we were asked before charging.
The flight was short (too short for my opinion), although my son said it was nice and the video was OK.

Date of experience: June 2013
2  Thank vzo3766
Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Sorry you feel this way, all of our pricing is VERY clearly stated on our website, and the Visitor Center has all of the same information. The $25 fee for riding along is normal and customary in this area for a boat ride of any sort. Our prices are our prices, and we even gave you a discount for the boat ride (as you admitted to) . Extra riders in a boat means extra weight, therefore extra fuel, not to mention extra responsibility for the crew. In exchange, you got to see your son given top-notch service and safety,, in an unforgettable world-class experience, and the MANY photos you took from the boat could not have been gotten from any other perspective. To say you paid $100 for nothing is an insult to us, as you only paid $60, and you all received our customary friendly service, a beautiful boat ride, and got to see up close the joy it brought your son.