“Worth the wait” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradise Hang Gliding - CLOSED

Paradise Hang Gliding
More attraction details
Owner description: Hang Gliding in the Florida Keys is a must-do for any vacationer in south Florida. Only an hour from Miami International Airport, you can experience the thrill and beauty of a tandem hang glider flight high above the crystal clear waters of Islamorada. With a USHPA Certified Tandem Instructor at the controls, you will be towed aloft to an altitude of 1,500' or 2,500, where the towline is released and you soar silently above breathtaking colors and magnificent wildlife. As you take in the sights and sounds, your instructor will demonstrate how to control the glider and demonstrate basic maneuvers. Just like a sea plane, you will land gently on the soft saltwater on large pontoons, and be lifted from the water back onto the boat deck with the glider by a hydraulic lift.This is an incomparable world-class experience, brought to you by the best in the business, Paradise Hang Gliding.
Daytona Beach, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

On my first trip out with Paradise, some technical malfunctions allowed only the first three (of six) to hang glide before we had to return. So, I rescheduled for a few days later. The hang gliding experience was truly incredible and the crew also fantastic. The only reason I did not rate this as excellent is the amount of time I ended up devoting to the activity- as instructed, I arrived prior to the stated departure time for my first and second trips. However, neither left on time. I spent over 2.5 hours on the first day and a little over 2 the second time. I know some things are out of control of the owners but a little more punctuality would have been great, and perhaps sharing an expected arrival time with all guests so that those of us who do show up early, as requested, aren't inconvenienced by those who come when they please and hold everyone else up. I was a little nonplussed to hear others on the boat, who showed up late and hungover, bragging about how they'd paid only half price through a coupon but then proceeded to make the rest of us late (full price, on time, not hungover) because they had to stop and buy beer to drink on the way.

1 Thank The_Dylaness
Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your hang gliding experience with us, and needless to say, a bit disappointed that you were inconvenienced at all. You are correct that many factors are beyond our control, one of which are our other customers, who are the largest source of delays in our schedule. Sorry to hear that you felt any disappointment, come back any time and let's see what we can do to make it right...

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Flight! Islamorada is a different destination from the air handglinding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great staff, safety oriented, olympic handglider instructor, and a jaw dropping view and ride in the sky

Visited April 2013
Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks for the review, we truly appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We are happy to hear that you so enjoyed your hang gliding experience with us in Islamorada. Come on back any time...!
Albany, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I took my daughter and her friend to Paradise Hang Gliding over springbreak week. The experience was awesome and I would highly recommend it for everyone. Even if you are or think you're afraid of heights you should try this. You get a fantastic view of the water and see a lot of wild life. We saw sharks, sea turtles, dolphins and some snkken boats. We did the 2500'flight and I wouldn't recommend the lower altitude. The flight time is pretty decent considering you're being launched from a boat.

Organizationally they need a bit of work. There doesn't seem to be an "office" person as the whole crew went out on the boat. We had to delay our flight a couple of days because the pilot pulled a muscle in his back. i had no problem with this at all, if the guy is hurt he's hurt. However, on our day of flying they showed up an hour late and never called which is why I point out that they need someone handling the business side of the business. We had called numerous times but no one picked up the cell phone which I know was on the boat. This was disappointing.

They are apparently shooting some footage for the Discovery Channel, so in the future you might be able to look them up on old shows.

Overall the girls and I had a good time and were very happy we did it.

1 Thank Muffinhead2580
Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
We are certainly glad to hear how much you enjoyed your flight experience with us. You are correct about our organizational problems which you encountered; my back injury definitely threw a monkey wrench in our well oiled machine. We were scrambling to shift our crew into other roles, and were very fortunate to be able to cover my piloting position with 3 time US National Hang Gliding Champion Zac Majors, a longtime friend. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience which you may have experienced, and invite you to come back to fly with us any time...!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over the top... Pure fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a must do , bucket list, over the top, pure fun, mesmerizing , number one thing to do in the Florida Keys. I went with my husband and two daughters ... The youngest just enjoyed the boat ride and sunshine and the three of us went up. This was our favorite activity we did..and we did a lot down here. The pilots were ultra professional and highly trained and Marianne was so knowledgable and competent. They cocoon you in a harness and are right next to you.... The boat pulls the glider up up and away and before you know it you are flying... Above the beautiful waters and when you look down you can see sea turtles and marine life abound.

The flight was awesome and I cannot wait to go again. You even get a video of your entire flight to watch over and over again.

Loved every minute of it. Will be going again.

Zach rules! Thx again Zippy.

RTR

Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us. In particular, we love families with kids because of the satisfaction of taking youngsters for a potentially life-altering experience: the gift of pure flight. We hope you left us feeling happy and better educated about our sport and our spectacular natural surroundings here. Come back again any time...!
Sleepy Hollow, New York
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Spectacular views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

A wonderful addition to our trip. The staff was very helpful. A truly great experience. They were able to fit us in with only a day's notice and it was very close to where we were staying -- Chesapeake Beach Resort.

Visited March 2013
Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thanks for your review, we are certainly happy we were able to accommodate you, and to hear that you enjoyed it so much. Be sure to tell your friends, and come back any time...!