“Spectaular Views...Expert Folks” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradise Hang Gliding - CLOSED

Paradise Hang Gliding
More attraction details
Owner description: Hang Gliding in the Florida Keys is a must-do for any vacationer in south Florida. Only an hour from Miami International Airport, you can experience the thrill and beauty of a tandem hang glider flight high above the crystal clear waters of Islamorada. With a USHPA Certified Tandem Instructor at the controls, you will be towed aloft to an altitude of 1,500' or 2,500, where the towline is released and you soar silently above breathtaking colors and magnificent wildlife. As you take in the sights and sounds, your instructor will demonstrate how to control the glider and demonstrate basic maneuvers. Just like a sea plane, you will land gently on the soft saltwater on large pontoons, and be lifted from the water back onto the boat deck with the glider by a hydraulic lift.This is an incomparable world-class experience, brought to you by the best in the business, Paradise Hang Gliding.
Santa Rosa, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectaular Views...Expert Folks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Whoa...AMAZING scenery and NICE people! From 2500 feet we could see for miles and really appreciate the topography of the Keys. We even saw a sea turtle from the glider. Expect exciting takeoffs and smooth landings (hardly got wet). We were a group of 4 sisters: 3 gliders and 1 ride-along, who was also thrilled by the experience. If you're considering this adventure, I'd DEFINITELY RECOMMEND it.
Before returning to CA , I wanted to thank Mary Ann for her friendly help in booking our reservations and her calming on-board safety checks; to Scott for his expertise in making the flight fun and educational; and to Captain Mike for his navigation/driving skills and good humor.
~ WMG

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Wink G
tmare, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank You so much for the awesome review. It is always our pleasure to give people the gift of flight ! We thoroughly enjoy what we do. The eco tour is such a huge bonus, and it really makes people awre of our sensitive eco system!
Thanks again!
Mare

islamorada
“like the flying you do in your dreams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

it was sooooo beautiful.. what a great crew !! the views were incredible i saw sharks and dolphinbig turtles!! it was amazing

Visited January 2013
Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and appreciation of the flight experience. It truly is like the flying you do in your dreams! Well put!
Robbinsdale, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic activity in the Keys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've wanted to try hang gliding for years, ever since I first saw some people doing it out in the Rockies about 10 years ago. The Keys is the perfect place to try this. The views are spectacular! From liftoff to landing, I loved every moment of it and felt very safe the entire time. I highly recommend the higher altitude as you can see islands for miles. I would do it again in a heartbeat, and may look into doing this more when I get home. I can now check this off of my bucket list!

Visited February 2013
Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thanks for taking the time and writing a great review. We love hearing about how much fun folks had with us, and that they would return to do it again. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A MUST DO IN THE KEYS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I decto check out this experience during our trip to Islamorada. The positive reviewz on trip advisor were spot-on, but there really is no way to sum up thr combination of thrill and tranquility. We felt the crew was very proficient and we felt cimpletrly comfortablr and safe throughout.
The hang gliding experience allowed us to experience this beautiful area in a whole new way. The view from the glider is completely unique, with both water and land views (and an occasional cloud), while being extremely peaceful snd quiet atthe same time. NEXT TIME WE VIDIT THE SRES WITH OUR KIDS (8 and 11 yrs), we will include tgem to!
We chose to include the higher elevation (2500 ft) and video with our experience- i reccomend this.

1 Thank Trippandhayley
Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks guys for the excellent review, we appreciate you taking the time out of your vacation. So happy to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us, please tell your friends and family, we look forward to your next visit and taking your kids for a flight. Come back soon...!
“Amazing views, fun crew, and very safe. You won't regret it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I purchased 2 tickets on a whim through living social and I am so glad I did! The views are astounding - nothing like from a boat or even a parasail. I also felt very safe the entire time. The crew knows what they're doing and have fun too. It's also worth upgrading to go extra high (the crew said you can see Miami on a clear day) and using the GoPro camera (so you can show your friends that were too chicken). I highly recommend this place!

Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Please tell your friends and associates what a great time you had, and come back to see us some time !