“Fun at Paradise Hang Gliding - Florida Keys”
Review of Paradise Hang Gliding - CLOSED

Paradise Hang Gliding
More attraction details
Owner description: Hang Gliding in the Florida Keys is a must-do for any vacationer in south Florida. Only an hour from Miami International Airport, you can experience the thrill and beauty of a tandem hang glider flight high above the crystal clear waters of Islamorada. With a USHPA Certified Tandem Instructor at the controls, you will be towed aloft to an altitude of 1,500' or 2,500, where the towline is released and you soar silently above breathtaking colors and magnificent wildlife. As you take in the sights and sounds, your instructor will demonstrate how to control the glider and demonstrate basic maneuvers. Just like a sea plane, you will land gently on the soft saltwater on large pontoons, and be lifted from the water back onto the boat deck with the glider by a hydraulic lift.This is an incomparable world-class experience, brought to you by the best in the business, Paradise Hang Gliding.
Denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun at Paradise Hang Gliding - Florida Keys”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I visited Key Largo for New Years 2012 / 2013. The highlight of the trip was surreal flight with the frigate birds half a mile in the sky over the turquoise waters of Florida Bay, Islamorada. Although my flight companion Scott Trueblood, Paradise HG owner/pilot, wasn't as pretty as Margot Kidder, he made Superman style flight a reality for me.

Safety is stressed throughout the trip and you feel at ease as you watch the crew's obvious expertise in preparing for your flight. Scott has been flying 30+ years and has some great stories to tell.

A number of participants on my excursions (once was not enough for me) spotted marine life while flying. I was able to see an eagle ray and a sea turtle once we had dropped in altitude. I, for one, believe that such sightings were the result of the xray, eagle-eye vision one is endowed with while flying in a prone position.

All kidding aside, if you enjoy any of the following:

a boat ride on azure, tranquil waters
a balmy breeze in your face on a warm, sunny day
friendly people
experiences that change your perspective

then, run do not walk to the Paradise HG boat dock if you get anywhere near Whale Harbour in Islamorada, for an experience you will never forget.

I and my wife already have our reservation with my new found friends Scott, Mary Ann, and Capt. Rich (who kept us in stitches) for a return trip later this year.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Count D
tmare, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank You so much for the kind and honest review. We thoroughly enjoy giving people the gift of flight; as our job resembles your vacation!

Delaware City, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was an amazing experience. The take off from the boat and the rise from the boat to 2500ft provides a breathtaking view. The glider is a smooth ride down. The staff were professionals, from the boat Captain, the Pilot and his assistant/office manager/1st Mate.

1 Thank Nana1930
Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a nice review. As always, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your hang gliding experience with us. Please tell all of your friends and family what a great time you had, and send them to us on their vacations...!
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great View of the Keys!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I got a groupon now deal to go hang gliding with Paradise. We had a great time and Scott and the whole crew were a lot of fun to boat/fly with. The view was great and it is a unique activity and way to see the Keys!

The only problem I had is that when we showed up they added a $5 fee for hang gliding certification and a $10 fee for fuel surcharge. I don't have a problem paying these fees, but feel they should have been upfront on the groupon.

1 Thank Caroline M
Scot T, Owner at Paradise Hang Gliding, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thanks for the excellent review, especially in light of the fact that you were surprised by the extra fees. The pricing for these items is, and has been, on our website since before you purchased your Groupons. We normally inform guests at the time of making their reservation of these fees. If we somehow overlooked telling you, please accept my sincere apology.

If you come back to see us, please remind us of this review and we will be happy to work out something special for a flight or a video. Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to rate us on TripAdvisor.
Rockville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Free Bird...”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went with my family just after Christmas 2012. Flew with Scott and Maryanne and Rich. His experience is unmatched and safety is paramount. Never felt nervous just absorbed the wonder of being up with the birds. Got to get the GO PRO video to show your friends and family. Memories for a lifetime! Loved It...thanks so much.

1 Thank Barbara K
Thanks for the excellent review, we really appreciate you taking the time to do so. We are happy to hear that you so enjoyed your experience with us. We all do our best to make this a very family oriented, world-class attraction, and value your feedback greatly. Thanks !
Haiti
“Security First: that's what I appreciated most with this attraction”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Thrilling experience!!! First time in my life that I was flying free of any strings like a bird up around 1,200 feet and felt secure from beginning to end thanks to the professionalism of Scot, his wife and crew. I did the flight when they were back in Bonita Springs and I can't wait to make it again to their new location at Islamorada. Great, Great, Great!!! Can only give great recommendations to these guys for a great attraction!

Visited February 2012
Thanks so much for the review and excellent rating. We really appreciate you taking the time to do so. We strive for excellence in safety, fun, and learning. Come back to see us at our new location in Islamorada, it is breathtakingly beautiful here...!