“Great Captain”

Catchalottafish Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: As a Native of the Florida Keys, Capt. James Chappell has been fishing these beautiful waters in search of big fish and good times for over 20 years. Capt. James Knows what you want to do and that is CATCH A LOT OF FISH! Just like the name says, that's what we will do! A lifetime of experience, the absolute nicest boat and nicest tackle found on any charter boat in Islamorada!
Denver, Colorado
“Great Captain”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Captain James navigated rough seas superbly. The captain is a true professional who takes his responsibility seriously. In tough conditions we managed to catch enough fish to feed five families for lunch.

Everyone on the boat caught some fish and enjoyed a great morning out in the ocean. This was no easy task considering I live in Denver and the closest I get to fishing is buying tropical fish at Pet Smart. So even a ski bum can learn how its done under the captain's guidance.

Thanks for a great time.

1 Thank Marc S

East Northport, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tight lines!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Captain James Chappell is a great guy and very knowledgable. He made the day fun and exciting. The boat is spacious and comfortable. There was nothing we needed as the captain had all the supplies. We were able to catch enough fish to feed two entire families, and the fish was the most delicious I have had in some time. Captain James also masterfully cleaned our catch and put it on ice dockside. When in the area, I would recommend booking this charter over all the rest, this is the real deal !

1 Thank Px2travel
Stony Brook, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding day fishing”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My daughter was getting married a few weeks ago and I chartered Catchalottafish for a morning fishing trip. I had two son in laws and the groom's brother with me. We had to be back at the dock by 11am and as we headed out I told Captain James our goal was to catch enough fish to grill and feed 17 people back at the hotel we were staying in. It wasn't the most idea day,with 5' swells. Knowing our expectations and how challenging it would be given the conditions, Capt James was all business. Only after he realized we had caught enough fish to reach our goal did he loosen up and joke around with us. He came highly recommended (as in "the best" ) and did not disappoint., On the contrary, he exceeded expectations.. Charter this boat!

1 Thank Bill T
Wayne, New Jersey
“Best Fishing Experience”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

After several years of talking about taking a fishing trip to the Keys with my son, I finally took the plunge. It was my son who actually found Captain James on line and I am so glad he did. Captain James is a fantastic Captain as well as a truly knowledgable fisherman. In our 4 days of fishing we were exposed to all aspects of fishing. Day one was filled with Jacks that had us exhausted by noon, day two he put us on 15-20 Dolphin, several Bonito and worked the kites tirelessly to put us on a sailfish, day three was filled with yellowtail snappper, some blackfin Tuna and on our last day we hooked even more dolphin. Needless to say this was an amazing trip filled with plenty of fish, great memories and an incredible learning experience all thanks to Captain James. Although everyday we went out the seas and wind were a little "rough" to put it mildly we never felt uncomfortable because we knew we were in very capable hands. His advice on local restaurants and accomodations was spot on. If you have been talking about takiing a trip to the Keys, this is the Captain you have been looking for. We hope to be back soon.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Harry B
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Best Day Fishing”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Captain James was an extremely knowledgeable captain and put us on the fish all day long, started in the morning with about 30-40 Mahi, kept 15 and ended the day with tons and tons of jacks. the jacks where one after the other and wore the whole crew out
Top quality boat, Top quality newest gear, and best of all no trolling captain James sight fishes which in my opinion is a lot more fun then trolling all day.

everyone left that day with a smile on there face and a lot of fish for dinner, i would recommend this boat and captain to anyone who wants to fish in Islamorada. We all had a Amazing day

Visited April 2014