“Small, But Terrific”

MEAT Eatery And Taproom
Ranked #11 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: M.E.A.T. Eatery And Taproom is a Cutting-Edge Quick-Service restaurant in the Upper Florida Keys. A Diners, Drive Ins and Dive spot featured for its Smoked Wings and Home Made Pork Rinds. It smokes its Pulled Pork, makes its own Sausage in-house, was named #1 Burger in Florida for it's stuffed Burger the Inside Out Juicy Lucy and Top 101 Burgers in America for the Nancy Pants Burger and even makes its own Ketchup and Mustard. MEAT also carries Craft Beers, Microwbrewed Sodas, Organic Wines and Fresh Made Ice Cream. Not to be missed traveling in the Keys!
Reviewed July 24, 2014

M.E.A.T., The Meat Eatery and Taproom, is tucked into a strip shopping center at Plaza 88, Oceanside in Islamorada. It is small, but the food is terrific, there is a great beer selection, the menu has some unique items and the staff is friendly. It's a toss-up of wanting to let people know how good they are or keeping it a secret.

2  Thank CharlieHudson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Never underestimate the power of a great burger and fries. And these are no ordinary fries. Duck con fit fries - holy cow!

We tried MEAT a few days ago during our trip because we had heard so many good things. And they are all true. Killer burger with super task roll. There's a million toppings none of which are ordinary. Even the ketchup and mustard are not ordinary. Someone knows their way around a spice rack for sure!

We went back again today for supper and we're again wowed. Tried today's special chicken curry soup, and it was outstanding!! And of course the burgers, fries, onion strings (dynamite seasoning on them). Again 5 star. It's in a strip mall so it would be easy to miss. But so worth going g. It's small, clean and modern, and the staff and service both times were friendly, courteous, prompt, and know the menu. Definitely will return on our next stay in Islamorada!

1  Thank JerseyJulie2014
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We heard so many good things about this place we had give it a try. Concept is good and well executed. You place your menu with the cashier and then they bring it to you when ready.

We had the Nancy pants (regular cheeseburger), the Juicy Lucy (burger stuffed with pimento cheese and bacon) and the Cow and Pig (burger with chorizo sausage on top). All were very good and prepared with fresh ingredients. The fries were flavorful and they have homemade ketchup and mustard, as well as regular. I had the Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup and it was terrific. We had crispy onion straws with the cheese dipping sauce and it was extremely good. Service was prompt, friendly and polite.

Overall it was really good. Not the best burger I have ever had but it was very good. The price seemed high for a burger ($16 for the Cow and Pig, $12 for the Juicy Lucy and $9 for the cheeseburger) so I doubt I will come back unless it is to grab a drink and eat appetizers. If someone else was paying, I'd happily eat here again.

1  Thank PaxvilleBoy
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I can honestly say that I have never had a burger as good as the one I had at MEAT. The fries were also amazing. They had homemade ketchup that was spectacular. Anyone in Islamorada should go to MEAT!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were looking for something other than the usual seafood place in the area. This place was recommended to us by the manager of the resort we stayed at and I must say we were glad we went. I had the chorizo burger, my husband their house burger and my son had lobster mac and cheese which was to die for.Great food! Another place we will add to our restaurant list while in Islamorada.