“Burgers to die for!”

MEAT Eatery And Taproom
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: M.E.A.T. Eatery And Taproom is a Cutting-Edge Quick-Service restaurant in the Upper Florida Keys. A Diners, Drive Ins and Dive spot featured for its Smoked Wings and Home Made Pork Rinds. It smokes its Pulled Pork, makes its own Sausage in-house, was named #1 Burger in Florida for it's stuffed Burger the Inside Out Juicy Lucy and Top 101 Burgers in America for the Nancy Pants Burger and even makes its own Ketchup and Mustard. MEAT also carries Craft Beers, Microwbrewed Sodas, Organic Wines and Fresh Made Ice Cream. Not to be missed traveling in the Keys!
Indian Rocks Beach
“Burgers to die for!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you are on a diet, then don't even drive into the parking lot! This place makes awesome burgers! Big, juicy, calorie laden burgers! Artery clogging! You can't put them down! Great cole slaw too! They make their own spicy ketchup too! The french fried are cooked in Duck fat! Yes, more artery clogging!! But you will die with a smile!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ultrapilot

Charleston, South Carolina
“Food great, but nothing else was”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We decided to try meat based on the trip advisor rating and menu offerings. While the burgers and duck fat fries were to die for, the place lacked any atmosphere. Hard to be in the keys and eat in a storefront with no view of anything but a parking lot. You order at a the counter and seat yourself. I ate the bacon, lettuce and fried green tomato sandwich. It was amazing. Bacon cured in house and it tasted so. I think if I was not a tourist I would eat here frequently based on the quality of the food. It just lacked atmosphere.

1 Thank Heidi W
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“I was skeptical - but it was SO good!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I must admit I was skeptical with my husband's choice when we pulled in and the restaurant is in a strip mall. But boy was I wrong! My kids and I ordered off the day's special menu - a Black and Bleu burger for me and smoked chicken drummies with garlic buffalo sauce for the kids. My husband ordered a pulled pork sandwich. Everything was delicious and came out to our table quickly. Lots of beers on tap to choose from. Highly recommend!

2 Thank Stacy L
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Best Burger Ever!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

After 5 days of fish, we just wanted a burger for dinner. My husband found MEAT, and I'm glad he did! Located in a small strip mall in Tavernier in the upper keys, this diner-like small restaurant is incredible. They make everything....and I mean everything from scratch! The burger I had was succulent, had cheddar cheese and beer brised onion. Even the ketchup is unique with a bit of a kick to it. The fries are made in duck fat....tum...or try the amazing truffle fries. All beer and cola are microbrewed, and delicious! If you have room, try a homemade dessert. TRY IT!!!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I visited MEAT while visiting Islamorada. We were looking for something different after eating seafood for every meal, and this restaurant was a good change of pace. I got "The Vic" and my husband got "The Juicy Lucy." Both were great, and it was more than enough food with the fries you get. Also, they make their own ketchup, mustard, and mayo- it was great! I also had their homemade root beer on tap and it was awesome. It's expensive, but you do get a lot of really good food for the money. The servers were friendly, and we would definitely visit again!