“Modest, Focused, Tasty” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of MEAT Eatery And Taproom

MEAT Eatery And Taproom
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: M.E.A.T. Eatery And Taproom is a Cutting-Edge Quick-Service restaurant in the Upper Florida Keys. It smokes its own meats, makes its own Sausage in-house, has high quality Burgers, Hotdogs, Pulled Pork and even Lobster Rolls as a Gourmet Fast Food establishment. MEAT alo carries Craft Beers, Microwbrewed Sodas, Organic Wines and Homemade Ice Cream. Not to be missed traveling in the Keys!
Berryville, Virginia
“Modest, Focused, Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

What I like in a restaurant is that they know who they are. MEAT knows who they are. Not fancy, not over the top -- yeah, they know they are number one in the area on Trip Advisor and they know why. MEAT is a LITTLE restaurant that serves excellent burgers, out of this world french fries with all kinds of extras if you like, and a great selection of beer. I am neither a big meat eater nor a beer drinker, but I liked the atmosphere and the one little slider I had (hubby had the other two of the TRIO) was fabulous. The french fries had truffle oil and cheese on them -- they were upgraded, and I left happy and satisfied that this was indeed a number one restaurant. They have another MEAT franchise somewhere, and hubby and I were talking about how we would like to have a MEAT franchise in our little town of Berryville. Maybe?

Brunswick, Georgia, United States
“Great hamburger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband was ready for a good ole juicy burger after eating fish all week with me. Both ordered the 5 ounce burgers, which were huge. The onion straws were AWSOME. Highly recommend this place for a good burger while in the area!

Sotogrande, Spain
“Best burger EVER !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here today. From the front you'd never know the delights that lurk behind !

The service and food was faultless. If only we had found this place at the beginning of our stay we would have had lunch there every day ! The pork rinds (or scratchings as we call them in the UK) were to die for. Was lovely, also, to have a good Oxfordshire (UK) beer, the crazy hen, known at speckled hen to us Brits to accompany.

Absolutely worth a stop on mile marker 88.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SotoPD
Key Largo, Florida
“Does not live up to reviews!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Visited Meat with two of my girlfriends because of all of the great reviews I have read about this location. We sat at the bar and were approached by the bartender lady (didn't catch her name, New York accent) who was very disinterested in providing good service, she asked what we were drinking and let us place our orders before ever informing us of the beer tap not working. When asked she had no response as to when this would be fixed, I doubt she ever even reported it to management. We ordered blue moon beer which she said she had in a can, she took the order, several minutes later she came back with one beer can and said that's all they have left, when we asked for other suggestions she complained some more about the tap beer not working, left again and came back with a second can of blue moon which she apparently never looked hard enough for to begin with. We were so fed up by that time with the service, her lack of professionalism and her frequent eye rolling that my friends and I discussed leaving and going elsewhere. We informed her we would not be ordering anything else and she didn't seem too concerned. As we were finishing up our drinks the other staff member Mike came by and asked how everything was going, upon finding out how unhappy we were with her service he did everything he could to make our experience better, he was very knowledgeable about the menu and alternate options taking under consideration their shortcomings that night and it was because of him we ended up staying for the food. The burgers were good, we each ordered the "juicy Lucy", the brownie dessert he recommended was absolutely delicious. I will very likely not be back to meat nor will my friends however can appreciate the effort put forth by a good employee, he saved the night, the owners of meat should know how lucky they are to have Mike there.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Zaneta W
Telford, United Kingdom
“Great food, excellent service - must try the mixed berry bread pudding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

What a great place! We had a Juicy Lucy burger and Country Pulled Pork sandwich - both were awesome and cooked to perfection. The duck fat fried chips are delicious and complimented by the homemade condiments. There is a wide selection of cold draft beers from a variety of countries and the sweet tea was really refreshing. We finished off with the most delicious mixed berry bread pudding ever and the rather odd pork cinnamon grinds - not to my liking but greatly enjoyed by my partner.
I thought the staff were lovely, friendly and welcoming - nothing seemed too much trouble. I would certainly plan to visit again next time I'm in the Keys.