“Awesome Keys Gem!”

MEAT Eatery And Taproom
Ranked #5 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: M.E.A.T. Eatery And Taproom is a Cutting-Edge Quick-Service restaurant in the Upper Florida Keys. A Diners, Drive Ins and Dive spot featured for its Smoked Wings and Home Made Pork Rinds. It smokes its Pulled Pork, makes its own Sausage in-house, was named #1 Burger in Florida for it's stuffed Burger the Inside Out Juicy Lucy and Top 101 Burgers in America for the Nancy Pants Burger and even makes its own Ketchup and Mustard. MEAT also carries Craft Beers, Microwbrewed Sodas, Organic Wines and Fresh Made Ice Cream. Not to be missed traveling in the Keys!
Miami, Florida
“Awesome Keys Gem!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you don't watch, you will drive right by this awesome eatery. It is on the opposite side of the road to MM88 in a strip mall. The menus is small but perfect, be prepared to wait on the weekends and evenings, the wait is worth it to taste some original takes on the good old burger. Try the signature inside out Juicy Lucy Burger, truffle fries are to die for, but if that's not to your liking, the regular fries cooked in duck fat are awesome to. If you're on a diet, find a salad bar as this is not for you!! They have a good variety of draft and micro beers to choose from, including Fat Tire...all together worth another visit for us.

Let me clarify my romance and special occasions ratings: it depends what you consider to be romantic/ special occasion....

Key Largo, Florida
“Great Local Place”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I got the Wisconsin Cheese Beer soup it was so good we got a second bowl. My wife ordered the South Carolina BBQ sandwich and it taste like pure vinegar. I got the chorizo sandwich and it was divine. The fresh cut duck fat potatoes are unbelievable they were so good. We highly recommend this place; minus the BBQ sandwich everything was delicious. Oh yeah, great draft beer collection!

• Visited March 2014
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Juicy to say the Least!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

When I found out my husband was taking me to Islamorada for our minimoon, I read up on the best places to hit up and this was one everyone's hit parade- and it is well deserved. We both got the Juicy Lucy burgers and word to the wise: you will need napkins. Go here with people who you dont mind seeing you tear into cow-flesh, because there's no other way to get your mouth around the awesomeness. The meat is fresh and moist- crisped on the outside and juiiiicy on the inside. Topped off with bacon, cheese, and some lettuce and tomato for extra crunch and texture. Damn. So good. My only regret is how full I was- I really wanted to try the Lobster Mac n Cheese (which I also read was heavenly) and this Thai Red Curry Chicken Noodle Soup they had on special. Hope I can be back soon.

NH
“Almost missed it...”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We timed our trip coming off the mainland to hit this for lunch. Even with the GPS we blew right by this gem. Stopped at the Visitors Center and back tracked. We got there as they opened and promptly ordered and sat down. Drinks came, we ordered the black and bleu burgers...one with regular fries and one with truffle oil and parmesan fries.They make their own ketchup and mustard. The buns were branded and toasted and delicious. We finished the meal sharing a Nutella shake...all around great spot!

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Yum!!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Awesome food... The placed smelled great the minute we walked in. I ate every single fry... The homemade ketchup was so good -- they should seriously sell it, we had great burgers, awesome pulled pork and a yummy fried green tomato BLT... So glad we stopped!