“The best burger I've ever eaten, and it isn't even close !”

MEAT Eatery And Taproom
Ranked #7 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: M.E.A.T. Eatery And Taproom is a Cutting-Edge Quick-Service restaurant in the Upper Florida Keys. A Diners, Drive Ins and Dive spot featured for its Smoked Wings and Home Made Pork Rinds. It smokes its Pulled Pork, makes its own Sausage in-house, was named #1 Burger in Florida for it's stuffed Burger the Inside Out Juicy Lucy and Top 101 Burgers in America for the Nancy Pants Burger and even makes its own Ketchup and Mustard. MEAT also carries Craft Beers, Microwbrewed Sodas, Organic Wines and Fresh Made Ice Cream. Not to be missed traveling in the Keys!
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate there on a recent vacation and gave it a try because of the great reviews. We were glad we did. The only negative is the place is very small and it might be difficult to both park and get a seat at times. Other than that I'd give a 10 in all other regards. I had a burger that was infused with homemade pimento cheese a bits if bacon. It was incredible as well as the onion straws. Also great service. Don't miss out on this spot.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I've heard about duck fat fries and was so excited to find them here!

Don't shy away from this place because it's not a fish place on the water. After you've been here a while you might just want a juicy burger and fries. THIS is where you want to go. We drove in from Marathon. Was so worth it.

I had a juicy Lucy and my husband had the basic cheeseburger. BOTH were perfect. Juicy burgers. Nice size. Great cheese. Buns stamped with MEAT.

Also had a great vanilla shake. Very rich. Super delicious!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I love a restaurant where the food is great, but the places that are the best in any genre or price point of food are those that truly understand the details. These guys GET IT. I've had many items on their regular menu and each one is outstanding. What makes this place special is that they don't just slap something on a burger just-because. Every element of that burger is thought out. They make their own condiments. They smoke their own meats. They use premium ingredients.

If I'm in town I have to stop in for at least a juicy lucy and those wonderful truffle fries. Their menu is great, and their specials are always interesting. I wish I could eat here every day!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stopped by in late January and had lunch. The food was excellent (burger and pulled pork sandwich) and the staff was very friendly. I would go back for the food except next time I will order the smaller beer (5.75 for 16 oz). It's the first taproom where I've had a draft beer that actually charges more per ounce with the bigger glass. When I was asked by the bartender if I would like 16 or 20 ounces I didn't think I'd be paying more per ounce with the 20 ounce selection. I ordered Clearwater 420 (20 oz-7.95) that works out to .40 per oz. A 16oz at $ 5.75 works out to .36 per ounce. So I paid $2.20 for the extra 4 oz (you could say that brings the additional ounces to .55 per oz). When I pointed out the price differences, the staff was receptive to listening, deducted the up charge, and said they would point this out to the owner. I usually don't pay attention to prices like this but when I was sitting at the bar sipping my beer and looking up at the chalkboard something just didn't look right so I did the math. Pays to stay in school kids.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Thank you Trip Advisor for this little nugget, went to a prior favorite in Islamorada to find it had closed. Took out the app, and here is the #1 rated....and it's not fish!!! Woo-hoo!!! I realize it's a struggle coming down to the fishing capital and not eating fish. I get it. So this little place is a new gem. On top of that....it's DELISH! Have been coming down to the Key's for over 30 years, best hamburger I have had. Homemade condiments, but I stuck with regular ketchup, I'm a little bland. Worth the stop!