“AWESome!!”

MEAT Eatery And Taproom
Ranked #11 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: M.E.A.T. Eatery And Taproom is a Cutting-Edge Quick-Service restaurant in the Upper Florida Keys. A Diners, Drive Ins and Dive spot featured for its Smoked Wings and Home Made Pork Rinds. It smokes its Pulled Pork, makes its own Sausage in-house, was named #1 Burger in Florida for it's stuffed Burger the Inside Out Juicy Lucy and Top 101 Burgers in America for the Nancy Pants Burger and even makes its own Ketchup and Mustard. MEAT also carries Craft Beers, Microwbrewed Sodas, Organic Wines and Fresh Made Ice Cream. Not to be missed traveling in the Keys!
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I found this place through tripadvisor & boy am I glad I did!! I have never taken the time to write a review but this place is Great! We were in Islamorada for 3 days/ 2 nights and choose to eat here for 2 of our meals :) this first stop my husband & I shared the Juicy inside out burger with the duck fat fries but on our 2nd trip had to each get our own sandwich & tried the onion straws & truffled fries (Amazing)... You must definitely try the Hard Root Beer too. After talking to the chef the 2nd trip he recommended some places for s to try in Key West & we did & they were also Amazing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was a great little burger shack that exceeded my expectations.

Pulled up to the strip mall, and I was skeptical. We had a cantankerous hostess/ order taker who fit the place great.

Had a fantastic burger, duck fat fries and a great beer.

My two boys loved it as well.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We visited MEAT for dinner last night and I wish we hadn't waited so long to try this place! Their menu is interesting and a refreshing change from the typical Keys restaurant. I was also very impressed with the selection of craft beer that they offer. We tried the onion straws for an appetizer and we loved the beer cheese dipping sauce that came with them. I got the sausage with broccoli rabe, red pepper, and beer braised onions that was on special and loved it. My boyfriend got a burger with fried egg and he was also very happy. We agreed that it was one of our favorite meals we have had in the Keys (and we have lived here 4 years).
Aside from the food, the service was great! Both guys were friendly and made sure to stop by our table and check on us. We will definitely be back and I would recommend that everyone come to MEAT and check it out!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had a very nice dinner at this restaurant. The restaurant is small, just a few tables and the bar area. The atmosphere is very relaxed and staff was very friendly. The menu resembles traditional pub fare, with some unique items like an inside out burgers, home-made ketchup and mustard. Very impressed with the selection of beers available that included specialty Belgian beers and products of Lost Cost brewery. Considering the location, this was very unexpected.
Would visit again.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

In a tiny little space in a tiny strip mall across from Marker 88 a guy named George has created a GREAT meat eaters restaurant.. Lots of beers on tap, daily specials, great creative sauces and good service.. DO NOT MISS IT whether in Islamorada or driving the keys highway...