“Simply fabulous.”

MEAT Eatery And Taproom
Ranked #5 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: M.E.A.T. Eatery And Taproom is a Cutting-Edge Quick-Service restaurant in the Upper Florida Keys. A Diners, Drive Ins and Dive spot featured for its Smoked Wings and Home Made Pork Rinds. It smokes its Pulled Pork, makes its own Sausage in-house, was named #1 Burger in Florida for it's stuffed Burger the Inside Out Juicy Lucy and Top 101 Burgers in America for the Nancy Pants Burger and even makes its own Ketchup and Mustard. MEAT also carries Craft Beers, Microwbrewed Sodas, Organic Wines and Fresh Made Ice Cream. Not to be missed traveling in the Keys!
Tavernier, Florida
“Simply fabulous.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

MEAT is simply fabulous. Chef George does it consistently. The menu has everything for all. Very kid friendly.

Florida
“Cool spot! Great layover”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

You could easily drive past the MEAT unless you know to look for it. It's a tiny hole-in-the-wall in a small strip-mall.
Very friendly staff from the moment you walk in. They instruct you to talk a menu, review it, and order at the counter. Staff was polite and super friendly!
I had a regular cheeseburger and my boyfriend had a special called "piggy and cow burger" (burger and sausage). All the items come with the tasty duck fat fries. My hamburger was very tasty. Not my favorite hamburger ever, but very satisfying. The fries were my favorite. The bun is stamped with the restaurant's name. Very cute presentation!
My boyfriend's burger wasn't cooked the way he wanted (he wanted medium-rare but it was served well-done). He thought his burger was tasty but hoped for more flavor! He also ordered the bistro fries (rosemary, parmasean, and truffle oil). His fries were awesome! The house-made condiments were also fantastic! The beer selection was great!
Overall, very cute, tasty, friendly place. If you are in the area or driving-by, check it out!

• Visited May 2013
“You HAVE to stop in this place!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was visiting on spring break with the kids. Best burger ever!! And the lobster mac and cheese was amazing. Great find. Dont pass it up! Kid friendly and great beer. Cool staff. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2013
Key Largo, Florida, United States
“OMG! You have to visit this place!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My first trip was a a juror at the local courthouse so I was in a little hurry to get my food. It was worth the wait -- they were making everything fresh. My pulled pork was outstanding including the fresh bun! On my next trip I brought my daughter and her boyfriend, we shared the sides of the onion rings, truffle oil fries and duck fat french fries - I could not decide which was the best as they all were amazing. I had the Juicy Lucy burger and devoured it -- again amazing. Their beer was an afterthought for me but it was excellent too! You gotta go! Just across the street from Marker 88 restaurant -- M88 has good food too (typical tourist fare) but you pay the price for the view. MEAT is a hidden gem with friendly staff! Go! Go! Go!

• Visited April 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“"An awesome find!"”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our drive to Key West from Miami. I found it on trip advisor and was pulled in by the reviews. We were not disappointed! I had the best burger I've ever had and my husband had the pulled pork. Great craft beer selection. The house fries and the onion straws were equally as good. Wonderfully friendly staff. We were just sad it wasn't open at 8am when we were heading back to Miami on Sunday morning!