“G.R.E.A.T.!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of MEAT Eatery And Taproom

MEAT Eatery And Taproom
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: M.E.A.T. Eatery And Taproom is a Cutting-Edge Quick-Service restaurant in the Upper Florida Keys. It smokes its own meats, makes its own Sausage in-house, has high quality Burgers, Hotdogs, Pulled Pork and even Lobster Rolls as a Gourmet Fast Food establishment. MEAT alo carries Craft Beers, Microwbrewed Sodas, Organic Wines and Homemade Ice Cream. Not to be missed traveling in the Keys!
“G.R.E.A.T.!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on our way from Ft. Lauderdale to Key West in early December after reading the Trip Advisor reviews. I had, without a doubt, the best BLT ever made. If you love BLTs, come here and get this one. My husband had the Nancy pants burger--which was a good sized burger even given the name. Fries were the best (note to other reviewer--fries are supposed to be salty!); mango chipotle ketchup is great. We are niw spoiled! Service was pleasant and prompt. The restaurant is really sweet--small but cute.
If driving south on Rt 1, it's easy to miss- and we drove right by. It's definitely worth turning around for!

3 Thank 478maryanne

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great burgers, lovely staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is my first ever trip advisor review.... But after 6 days in South Florida, having a great time courtesy of everyone else's reviews, I felt I should join the community....! This is a great place to start. We went to it on the basis of the reviews here, and we were not disappointed. It's not high glamour, for sure, but if you want great food and nice service, this is the place. My husband had one of the specials - Lamb Sliders - recommended by the lovely waitress, and he loved it. I had the Nancy Pants, with corn on the side, and it was one of the best burgers I have ever had. I actually mucked up my order, forgetting to ask for coleslaw instead of fries, but the waitress was great, giving me a small bowl in addition to my order after I mentioned my mistake. Much of the extra stuff - condiments, and drinks - are made there, and were very good. The manager was very friendly - turns out he is from the UK too! - and we had a nice chat with him before we left. All in all, a great place with fantastic food. GPS

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jane O
Islamorada, Florida, United States
“BEST EVER -thank you Chef George for offfering something other than fish in the keys!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have eaten at MEAT beyond several times- lets just say- I'm prob good for 20 plus times & I have NEVER been let down by what I've eaten from MEAT. Chef George Patti has given us locals something better than just your typical Keys restaurant offering local seafood specials- or another pizza place- we have plenty of those- we NEEDED MEAT & Chef George has gone beyond our expectations!!!!! Great food, great beer, great wine- why am I saying great? It should all be saying wonderful!!!!! As everything is from there!!!! My kids, husband & myself look forward to our weekly (sometimes twice a week) visits to MEAT. Their staff is wonderful & we are treated not only as friends, but family/ If you're in the keys- don't bypass this MEATY peace of heaven! Food Network- where are you??? This place deserves a MEAT Medal & some serious recognition!!!!!!!!! p.s. if your little ones get bored while waiting for their food- just go next door to the Pet Shop Paradise! :)

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“average Gastro pub type place that could use a little work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

definitely needs some better employees and maybe even a couple more especially on a Friday night in busy season. Wasn't as great as I expected it to be either. Fries were wayyyyyyy too salty

• 1 of 5 bubbles
London
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went there on Christmas Eve on the first day we arrived in the Keys, because of the great reviews. At first it was hard to spot but it is a gem amongst all the other restaurants in Islamorada.

The food there is exceptional and the lobster roll is to die for. The service is great, always attentive and friendly. The manager/chef of the restaurant is a great bloke, very welcoming. Although most things in the Keys are expensive, the food was definitely worth the money compared to some pricey (overpriced) restaurants in the Keys. It was that good, we had to go there again during our trip.

If you are living in Islamorada or even passing by, definitely give it a visit! All the best!

• Visited December 2012