“Great fried chicken, service and beers”

MEAT Eatery And Taproom
Ranked #9 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: M.E.A.T. Eatery And Taproom is a Cutting-Edge Quick-Service restaurant in the Upper Florida Keys. A Diners, Drive Ins and Dive spot featured for its Smoked Wings and Home Made Pork Rinds. It smokes its Pulled Pork, makes its own Sausage in-house, was named #1 Burger in Florida for it's stuffed Burger the Inside Out Juicy Lucy and Top 101 Burgers in America for the Nancy Pants Burger and even makes its own Ketchup and Mustard. MEAT also carries Craft Beers, Microwbrewed Sodas, Organic Wines and Fresh Made Ice Cream. Not to be missed traveling in the Keys!
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After downing a few of my favorite brews, I had a great dog and some great fried chicken. Service was fast and friendly. I will be back soon…

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed September 28, 2012

What a great place to have in the neighborhood - the staff, the food - exceptionally wonderful - great place to pick up a burger on the way home or grab a quick bite before the movies..

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for lunch based on reviews while driving back home from the keys. Located in a little strip mall out of the way, we wouldnt even have seen it from the road if we weet looking for it! We're so glad we did. Chorizo burger and house burger were delectable with the parmesan truffle oil french fries. Simple food made with equisite care and finesse. Not your average bar food! Beer selection was great, as another reviewer noted. I wish I were drinking as they had a few tasty selections. Chimay is an old standby that you dont find often in hole in the wall taprooms. Would have liked to try the banana bread ale... unfortunately we live about 300 miles north of here so we may be hard pressed to get back anytime soon. But when we do, we will most definitely come back.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

On the way back home from the best gym in the Keys, Mariner's Wellness Center, we were discussing where to have lunch. Clark mentioned MEAT or Lorelei. I said Lorelei for the outside view/ambiance, but at the last minute said , "Naw, let's do MEAT." Thank God for that brilliant intervention. George Patti and Tom Smith who opened Tasters in Tavernier a few years ago have rocked the lunch scene in Islamorada at the Plaza 88. The decor and ambiance is perfect: trendy and comfortable. The food is creative, fresh ingredients, ingenious recipes, lovely presentation, a treat for the taste-buds, bottomline it is superb. The beverage selection is unique and unparallelled in the Mid Keys. Craft beers, wines and great non alcoholic beverages. The service is efficient and friendly. I hope I don't eat there so much I tire of it, but with these two owners on board I don't think that is even a remote possibility. Looking for 6 star food in a 6 star establishment? Try this one out.

1  Thank Harolyn K
Reviewed September 22, 2012

MEAT is the Newest, hottest little spot in Islamorada..
The food is amazing, the Service is impeccable and the Owners/Chefs are Dynamite..
I've tried many things off the menu and I have to say that I am more than Happy every single time..
Try the Chorrizo Burger for a real awesome twist on the Reg. burger.. you wont be disappointed!!
The Restaurant is Beautifully done with a Great Bar too!!