“Wonderful getaway”

Pines and Palms Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2008

We love this resort. If you want to get away and relax this is the place. The room was very clean, the bed very cozy and comfortable. The employees could not have been nicer. This is not a hustle, bustle hotel with tons of people. It is very low key. You can fish, kayak, swim, snorkel or just read on the beach. My husband loved the hammock.The restaurants around the resort are great. Thanks Jim and Sara for a wonderful spot to relax. We will be back.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank StlWrldtraveler

Reviewed May 2, 2008

I've stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times. Great people, private location, dock for your boat, swimming pool, bbq grills, what more do you need for the keys? We had an issue with our boat and the staff couldn't have been more sympathetic. It's not the Ritz Carlton and your not going to get room service but the small resort atmosphere is perfect for the keys.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 22, 2008

This place is absolutely wonderful. The location is amazing, the cottages are simple and lovely, and the staff is so friendly. It is a wonderful value in a very beautiful place. The owner is very hands-on, and it shows. Pines and Palms is well-maintained, quiet and picturesque.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Very comfortable and great friendly staff. Suggested by friends in the Keys and exactly as described. Website is accurate and well worth a look.

You get what you pay for and it is ideal for a base. Loads of restaurants etc locally but kitchen is perfectly suitable for holidays.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2008

My family of four just completed a 3 night stay at Pines and Palms. I expected the two room cottage to be small but was not expecting it to be so tired and worn. The two BR cottage is a standalone property furthest from the water and is not charming in any way I can think of. The floral fabric on the arms and cushions of the couch and chair is dark b/c it's dirty from seeing so much use. The carpet is old and industrial. The bathroom shower is one of those super narrow ones where in order to shave my legs I had to bend my leg up like a stork. The unit was cooled effectively by three window AC units but their constant drone really started to bother us and I was glad to be heading home on checkout day.

There were two major points of irritation for us: 1) we were very clear that we had two young children (ages 4 and 1) with us (we asked for a pack -n play which was provided) so we were surprised to get lodgings w/no bathtub. So in order to bathe our children my husband had to hold them in the shower.

The other disappointment was that they have a policy of not allowing diaper clad children into their pool, even with a swim diaper! This was news to me and if it is on their website anywhere it's buried...I never would have booked a place where my son could not even use the pool! They say they are a family friendly hotel but it rings hollow to me.

By the way, the pool was HOT, not warm. Not refreshing either day I went in with the child who was allowed to use it.

On a more positive note, the unit was clean and there were decent and plentiful white bath towels. The service was pleasant but not overly friendly.

Overall I assume this place must be relying on a reputation built when the place was still somewhat fresh -- I would definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank capecodders4
Reviewed March 3, 2008

Just stayed at the Pines and Palms for one night with my boyfriend.
I was surprised at how quaint and quiet this place was. not fancy at all , but very clean and cozy.
The kitchen is well stocked, and had we stayed for longer, we would have gone grocery shopping to save money.
there is no restaurant or bar-- and no real amenities or staff around- but if you are looking for a low key place in isla morada- this is a great choice!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2008

I loved the sweet cottages at the Pines and Palms. The cottages were very clean and nicely set up. The kitchen had everything you would need. The beds were comfy and had soft clean white sheets and duvets. The pool is nicely located right near the water so the views were great. Islamorada is full of great places to see and good restaurants and the Pines and Palms is well located.

This is a very laid back place and they are set up to help you enjoy your vacation. Beach chairs are located on the edge of the water, the kayacks were free to use and they even have a great hammock for afternoon naps.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank MBK1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Lime Tree Bay Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
#4 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Pines and Palms Resort? Share your experiences!