“Fantastic up-scale fish and sushi”

Nikai Sushi Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nikai Sushi Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A taste of the far east comes to the shores of Islamorada at Nikai, located at Cheeca Lodge & Spa. In addition to tantalizing nigiri, sashimi, and specialty rolls, the new Nikai delivers expertly crafted Japanese cuisine through fresh ingredients, locally and internationally sourced fish, spices and vegetables to create a dining experience the melds the art of sushi and Japanese cooking with the flavors of the Florida Keys. Menu highlights include Wahoo, Tataki, Tuna Poke Bowls, Scallop Shooters, creative Ramen dishes and tableside Robata Grill. A creative, Asian-inspired bar program featuring Saki, beers and craft cocktails further elevates this vegetable and seafood-fusion dining experience to new heights.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I will eat here every time I stay in Islamorada. The sushi was good and the fish was some of the best I've had in a long time. Once you over-pay at a fried-fish tiki hut, this place was actually reasonably priced for such a first class meal.

1  Thank ELP2

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We loved this sushi bar in the Cheeca Lodge. Amazing place and staff. I would recommend anyone coming to the keys to stay and eat here.

1  Thank YonderAnnArbor
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went for the chefs special menu, which involves the chef deciding what's the best choices of the day and the food was excellent. My wife and I are regular eaters of sushi and sashimi and the selection that was presented was some of the best we've had. The quality was always going to be good due to being in the keys, but the originality of both the sashimi and the rolls was superb. Really recommend if you enjoy sushi and new tastes. We had our 2 year old with us 2 and they accommodated him well with some chicken noodles.

1  Thank adammartinwilson
Reviewed July 17, 2013

A wide selection of unique rolls makes ordering very difficult, but every one we tried proved to be a creative and delicious combination of flavors. probably the best sushi I've ever had.

1  Thank PalmettoSon
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My fiancé is a huge fan of sushi, and absolutely loves the bonsai roll from Nikai....I'm not a sushi fan, but am willing to try something each time we go. We lucked out and had a wonderful waitress who recommended a tempura roll for me that was chock full of avocado, cukes, spicy sauce and more. I could go back! Which is strong praise. Reservations are a must here, the seating is very limited, but worth it to be seaside with such wonderful choices.

2  Thank dkp213