“Yummy choices even for non-sushi lovers”
Review of Nikai Sushi

Nikai Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Nikai Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located In The Cheeca Lodge and Spa
Gurnee, Illinois
“Yummy choices even for non-sushi lovers”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My fiancé is a huge fan of sushi, and absolutely loves the bonsai roll from Nikai....I'm not a sushi fan, but am willing to try something each time we go. We lucked out and had a wonderful waitress who recommended a tempura roll for me that was chock full of avocado, cukes, spicy sauce and more. I could go back! Which is strong praise. Reservations are a must here, the seating is very limited, but worth it to be seaside with such wonderful choices.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank dkp213

“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had the most disappointing experience at this sushi restaurant last night. Beginning with it taking 20 minutes to getting our drinks, to having a hair on our sushi. They took some of it off our bill, but after spending 70 dollars for dinner, we left hungry and had to get a pizza.

1 Thank cjg228
islamorada
“Fabulous”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I am a local Islamorada resident...365 days a year.
Nikai at Cheeca Lodge is my favorite ! my wife and I eat there often...I am not a sushi expert but the guys make it easy...specifically..Cyrus Hire, Dana Rose and Mark Jomolo...these guys are just wonderful.
Please check them out....Cheeca Lodge is a great place...just beautiful !
I have been coming to Cheeca for 25 yrs..it is now never better !
best regards,
Mike McLoad

Mike in Islamorada

1 Thank Mike M
Key Largo, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How Did It Take Us So Long To Come Here???”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We Finally came at the suggestion of friends from Ocean Reef and I must say, we were highly impressed! The menu was a little different than we were used to but the flavor combinations were quite unique and extremely satisfying!! We had the scallop sashimi dish, the Bonsai roll and the Samurai. All were outstanding. The staff was courteous and the chefs even acknowledged us and thanked us from across the room as we left. We'll definitely be back.

1 Thank SHowell12
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Better the second time!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Came back to Nikai after visiting last year. The bar had moved and the restaurant is larger now. The quality was not compromised. Excellent meal, and sake. We had the divine droplets sake and it was spectacular. Food, as always, is par world class, our favorite being the ahi poke. Gorgeous plates and fresh fish. I highly recommend anyone staying nearby who enjoys sushi eat at Nikai.

1 Thank Tammy R