“Best sushi I've ever had”
Review of Nikai Sushi

Nikai Sushi
Ranked #37 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located In The Cheeca Lodge and Spa
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Such a unique dining experience-- loved watching the sushi being made in front of us. We ate here twice during our relatively short stay because it was so good!

1  Thank Madge711

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My best friend and I went for dinner..and let me tell you EVERYTHING!!! Was awesome...I recommend the scallop shashimi...delish!!!!! When it came out I devoured it...sorry friend!!! I think she just had one scallop..:-) the chefs Dana n Cy where amazing.. our server was super friendly!!!
Nakai is modern, great atmosphere and the most beautiful view in the keys..please try it

1  Thank acampa3
Reviewed September 4, 2012

i had the best sushi roll i have ever had in my life here. i am still thinking about it 5 days later. order the keysey japanesey, add cream cheese, spicey mayo and eel sauce. to die for. the after dinner candy is cool too and the saki is great!

1  Thank Katie G
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The food was very good. Couldn't find many reviews. So we didn't know what to expect. This is a sushi bar only restaurant where as many chairs as possible are crowded around the bar. I had read that this was a chef experience type of setting. It was anything but. The chef barely looked up and seemed stressed and upset the entire time. He did look up once and ask how the couple to my left were doing. He also gave us extra portions of sashimi when he ran out of one type of fish. It was an overall tense and uncomfortable situation. Might go back someday.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at Cheeca Lodge and had the sushi of Nikai Sushi at the bar of the hotel. This way the kids could have pizza. The sushi really was excellent. It melted on your tongue. I have eaten a lot of this stuff, but this was great. Special thanks to Emily from Peru. She made the evening special with her great service. Thanks.

1  Thank epvdlinden