“LA JOLLA "RESORT" WHAT A HELL OF A DUMP!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
La Jolla Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“LA JOLLA "RESORT" WHAT A HELL OF A DUMP!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2003

We also were VERY disappointed. The rooms were TOTALLY DISGUSTING!
Besides the ants and roaches, they had tiny little dirty bathrooms and mismatched stained sheets. The air conditioner was probably made in the 1960's and made a lot of noise. The people who worked there however were nice. Probably because they were embarrassed about what a dump they worked at. The owner was there when I was there and from talking to her about this, she didn't seem all that phased. Probably because she lives that way too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2003

I would have to agree with the review from April 6 I just read; My wife and I visited La Jolla end of February. I believe we were in room J, where in the evening the roaches were quite abundant in the room and in the bathroom, the curtain had a massive hole in it that let the light in and it couldn't close all the way. The whole room was pretty bad especially for the high price they asked for it. We asked to be changed at least to another room and after a lot of arguing, a lady named Elizabeth who turned out to be the owner, changed us to another room. This room had the same story; very dirty and roaches crawling around at night. We left the next morning, the staff didn't seem to care much about the state of their rooms. Do visit the Green Turtle restaurant though; great place there!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2003

I can not portray in words how unhappy i was with my stay at the La Jolla Resort. I booked a reservation there after seeing thier website which is totally misleading. My main aim was to spend a weekend on the beach, i was told there was a beach at the hotel. What i found instead was a thin pile of gravel to lie on and a slippery boat ramp you could swim from if you could avoid the boat propellas. The room looked as if it had not been cleaned in months. The bed sheets were mismatched and stained, the towels full of holes. The room was infested with ants and cockroackes, probably due to the fact that the trash had not been changed fron the last inhabitants. The A/C made so much noise I could not sleep, yet failed to cool the room down. Afer 1 look at the room, i wanted to leave, but was told that if i cancelled my reservation the penulty would be the amount for all 3 days i booked. The management who were there at the end of March were very unhelpful and seemed to have no clue what was going on. I would not send my worst enemy to this "Resort".

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2003

My girlfriend and I like to take weekend "mini-vacations". Since this resort is within 3 hours drive, it is our favorite quick get away. If you like a quiet place in the middle of a party area, this is the place for you. They have a private beach, if you have a small boat you can bring it with you and dock it there while you stay. The rooms are efficiencies and are sort of "old school" but you are a mere walk to the closest sunset bar and a short bike or drive to the bars that make Islamorada famous. Be warned...They are very strict about peace and quiet when you are at the resort. If you are looking to decompress and "get your drink on" this is the place to go... I probably shouldn't even put this on here as I don't want it getting too much publicity but I found this site very helpful for other hotels so I figure I would share the wealth.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member