“Perfect for Take Out...”

Islamorada Shrimp Shack
Ranked #11 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This place was perfect to pick up some shrimp po-boys and take back to the Drop Anchor Resort. Try the Key Lime Pie... it was yummy!

There are newer reviews for Islamorada Shrimp Shack

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were hoping for some good seafood but disappointed. I had to go search for someone to seat us. Service was slow, food was overpriced and the dishwasher must have had the day off.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

On vacation and used Trip Advisor to find dinner restaurant. So glad we did. 3 adults and 2 kids. From the moment we walked in the hostess (also our waitress) was friendly and joking with kids. She made great recommendations and was very knowledgeable about menu even recommending a beer on draft (happy hour pricing) that she thought would be similar in taste to the brand we ordered-she was right! Oysters on the half shell were fresh and the cocktail sauce and horseradish were great. All meals came quickly and were great. Special was Parmesan encrusted hogfish. Large portion and delicious. Cajun fried fish-yum as were grilled shrimp. Kids ordered popcorn shrimp and chicken tenders both large portions and very good! Price was very reasonable $90 for 5 including beer. No room left for dessert. Marking this as a definite do again during our annual spring break trip!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We happened upon the Islemorada Shrimp Shack after checking reviews for another restaurant in the area. Boy were we glad. The server told us the most popular items and each member in our party ordered each different one to try. I was fortunate to have ordered the shrimp and grits hesitantly as lots of places claim to have the best around. I took one bite! Omg they were amazing! I shared with each member of my party as did each of them. We had the shrimp po boy sandwich. Good! The Cajun shrimp tacos. Good! and the coconut crusted fish sandwich good but was a bit sweet for my liking. The service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stopped here on the way back to Key Largo. There was an accident on the bridge that shut the highway down for close to 4 hours. We asked the waitress (actually hostess as a waitress who was supposed to be there was stuck on the other side of the bridge) what she would recommend. She said hogfish and we were not dissapointed! I ordered it blackened and it was delicious! My husband ordered the coconut shrimp and said it was good. Kids had chicken fingers and cheeseburgers. Both had clean plates. I would reccomend this place to anyone going to Islamorada!