“She crab soup”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Only placewe could find she crab soup on keys. It was so awesome we ordered extra bowls to take out to reset with us. Connie the waitress was great. Place doesn't look like much from outside, but nice restaurant and and full bar inside. I would come here all the time if I were local.

1  Thank JLCRochester_MN

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We are always looking for new places to have dinner in Islamorada, Florida. We now have a new one to add to our list. My husband and I along with our three kids (2 teens and an 8 year old) all had great dinners. The teens had the cajun shrimp basket, our little one had a fried shrimp basket and my hubby and I had the shrimp and grits. The menu offers lots shrimp options as well other dishes. The atmosphere is clean, upbeat, fun and offers a full bar. In addition to the great shrimp dishes we had, the dessert we shared was called something like banana donut bombs - unforgettable. They were served warm and with a yummy glaze. We will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I were excited to try Shrimp Shack based on the positive reviews we had read on here and were expecting great, fresh shrimp given the area..! But sadly it was not to be.

The shrimp were ok but didn't seem to be fresh - we tried coconut shrimp appetiser and shrimp 3 ways - and the service was so bad it was almost funny. The server reported that the wine we selected was unavailable but didn't bring back the wine list, took our appetiser order and then walked off before she took our entree order, or the menus, gave us no knives and forks to eat with, left us with dirty plates and empty glasses for so long we had to find her and ask.

I have never written a poor review before but felt compelled to give an honest view of our experience. It wasn't busy, so for one, the service could have been better and with a name like Shrimp Shack, it sets your expectations for at the very least, fresh seafood.

1  Thank Vanessa J
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stopped at this eatery on out way back to Hollywood beach that was recommended by local fishing guide. Waitress was very on top of her game and friendly. I had She Crab soup and shrimp salad and my buddy had shrimp po boy/soup and the key lime pie was crazy good. Give this one a shot and you won't be sorry.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

If you like shrimp, the Shrimp Shack is the place to go in Islamarada. There were four of us and three out of four ordered shrimp cooked differently. It was all excellent and the portions were huge. My husband ordered Mahi but the cook misread the order and made shrimp instead of Mahi. The waitress was so apologetic and his order was changed promptly with a complimentary piece of key lime pie. Go there hungry because at the beginning of the meal, you get a basket of yeast rolls AND a large piece of banana bread. Then you are served your meal including hush puppies, cole slaw AND potatoes. We couldn't finish all the food. Very relaxed atmosphere and our waitress was excellent. Very good food for a good price.

1  Thank minnesotaupnorthmom