“Cute Place”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

New since we were in the Keys last year! Food was good,Wait Staff and bartender were super nice!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Bread could have been better. Rolls were hot but very bland. Shrimp cocktail very good with big shrimp. Salad fresh but only lettuce,tomato & cucumber.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and I were en route to Key West and decided we needed a break and some good food.. so I did a quick U turn on Hwy 1 when I saw the Shrimp Shack sign. We are very demanding when it comes to cleanliness.. and it was immediately obvious that this was a very "clean" restaurant. We were greeted with a firendly and warm smile by the host and then again by our server... a young man from Georgia.. who was also very pleasant..and I could immeditatly tell.. was "raised right." We stopped for "sea food" and were not disappointed. My wife ordered a salad with grilled Shrimp, and I ordered a shrimp basket with battered shrimp, corn fritters and fries. They were both terrific. This is a place to enjoy good food. It is not fancy...but we were not seeking that. As a footnote...the bathrooms were also very clean. We had a nice chat with the couple who assumed to be the owners..a former fishmerman..and told them it would be my pleasure to write a nice review...and we would be back again some day. We hope to fo just that on our next visit to the Keys. Mr. PR

1  Thank MrPr946
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and I stopped in and picked up a carry out menu after window shopping next door.

That same evening we decided to go back for dinner and share the Shrimp & Grits entree; OMG was it delicious! the shrimp was perfectly prepared and combined with the delicious sauce, sliced vegetables and rice - Best we've ever had.

We enjoyed it so much we decided to go back this evening for dinner again (3/26). Tonight we shared the fish special (Cobia, a locally caught mild white fish that was swimming in the Bay the day prior), again it was prepared perfectly and served on a bed of wild rice; the filet was above average in size, moist and delicious - We were very pleased with service, meal and numerous friendly staff members.

By the way they also serve you a small bowels of their fresh homemade brad balls and a container of honey butter; though their bread is excellent even without the butter.

We have 5 days left of our trip and plan to return to the Shrimp Shack at least once more before leaving the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stopped in for an early dinner before a long drive... and I wish I hadn't. :-)
Ate WAY too much Shrimp and Grits. They were AMAZING! And they had the biggest ice tea. Seems like everything on the menu had shrimp in it in some form or the other. Nice to see the restaurant is living up to it's name.

Great place to eat. Seems to be a local favorite. If the locals eat there, you know it's good. Chatted with Jill (I think she was the owner or manager... can't remember...) for a while and she was very open and friendly.

I pass by this place twice on my way to and from Key West, so it's now going to be a temptation... must stop for shrimp...

I can't wait to try the shrimp boil. It looked tasty.