“Ignore the negative reviews!”
Review of Chef Michael's

Chef Michael's
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Islamorada
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely dinner or Sunday brunch. Fresh Local fish and seafood, Prime steak, attentive, friendly service.
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

We had a great meal at Chef Michael's! Adrian, our waitress, made fabulous recommendations and got some of us out of our comfort zones. We had sauteed snowy grouper and wahoo. The fish is delivered fresh everyday! The staff was very warm when we came in and each thanked us for coming when we were leaving.

Date of visit: May 2018
Write a reviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed April 29, 2018

There is a variety to the menu but during my two visits I had sublime seafood. They are noted for Hog fish dishes but they are expert in serving all forms of fish. My family was so taken with this restaurant that they went a total of 3 times during their vacatin.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Good food. Excellent service. Hard to get reservations. A favorite of the locals. Good wine list and food choices

Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here before and have never been disappointed. Their seafood is fresh and their variety of preparation is both fun and enjoyable.
They are serious about preparation and take care in presentation. This is not your local burger and fryer food! Service people are excellent and friendly. Carrot cake is gigantic but worth splitting. Wine list is average at best...I bring my own and pay the corkage. Not cheap... but clearly fine dining. Not your typical Keys grub!
Clam appetizer is great.. Large variety of fish..
Steaks very good as well!
I save it for special nights!

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

This was the best meal we had while visiting Islamorada. Staff was super friendly. I had the duck, and it was the best I've ever had. My wife had a triple tail dish that she loved.

1  Thank MCharles44