“Best tastes and flavors”
Review of Chef Michael's

Chef Michael's
Ranked #4 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely alfreso dinner or Sunday brunch. Fresh Local fish and seafood, Prime steak, attentive, friendly service.
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Even our grandson, had flavors he loved, especially the Escargot and Hogfish. My lamb shank was the best I've ever had and the desert was to die for, even though it was just apple straddle made with a twist. Bar needs to be expanded for additional drinks, but other than that, it needs to be the tops among those in the Keys.

1  Thank Audrey M

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I went to Chef Michaels for my honeymoon and they did not disappoint. The service, food, and attention was top notch. Shell and Mary made sure we had a most amazing evening. It was a special day for us regardless but they went out of their way to make it even more spectacular. Possibly the best dining experience of my life. We will most certainly return.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We loved the local hogfish and seafood selections for our meal and the fresh ingredients for appetizers and salads. Dessert options were delicious and we left feeling full and satisfied.

1  Thank pelanj
Reviewed August 20, 2014

On a recent vacation in Islamorada we were lucky enough to find Chef Michael's. Although we had many choices in the area, we decided to return for another dinner here. Most of our party of nine ordered the hogfish, prepared several different ways. Each dish was memorable. What a treat to find fresh vegetables as a side. The desserts? OMG! Please save room! Oh, I almost forgot, we did order takeout one day as well. Equally divine. So sorry we missed their brunch. I hear it's amazing.

3  Thank Mary L
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We made a reservation for Chef Michaels at 5 pm on a Saturday. We got there a bit early but the hostess met us outside and sat us at our table without making us wait. Our waitress was Shell and she was fantastic. She explained the menu in a lot of detail and very carefully, making note that since we were the first customers of the night that the bread would be hot so to be careful with it. I thought that was really kind of her.
We made a special request for Lionfish, since that had been on my foodie bucket list. The restaurant made sure to catch lionfish that day and the chef prepared it whole for me. It was lightly spiced and came with a side of Pontchartrain sauce with crawfish and peppers in it. The fish was FANATASTIC. This was the best seafood I've had in a very long time. The meat was tender and flaky and the chef had sliced some parts across the fish so that the meat would come off easier. If you love exotic foods, getting this menu option is definitely a once in a lifetime thing you must try. Lionfish are an invasive species in Florida, so you're helping the environment too by eating one!! They are toxic, however the chef removes the poisonous spines, so what you get on your plate is completely edible. It came with a side of Pontartrain sauce which had peppers and crawfish mixed in with it.
My boyfriend got the filet hogfish with Ambassador sauce. This was also amazing, and both meals came with colorful potatoes that were just the right amount of crispness and tasted great with the sauces. We were also served complimentary bread with pesto sauce- I highly recommend trying the olive bread!!
The waitress came back frequently to make sure that everything was alright and took several great photos of us. Our water was also infused with lemons and limes, was very refreshing and the waitress always made sure the waters were filled at all times.
For dessert we got Key Lime Pie, which was sinful. It wasn't too sweet or too sour, and the graham crust was phenomenal. It also came with an edible flower on top too. The Chef was nice enough to have the dessert be on the house since we drove 2 hours to get there. Such amazing, personal service that you can't really find elsewhere!!
We sat outside, and the outdoor deck is surrounded by large fans so that you are not sweating or hot at all. The inside was quite nice too and the bathrooms were clean and immaculate.
I would definitely come back here next time my family is visiting and they want a once in a lifetime meal.

1  Thank threelittlefish856