“Boy it was good! Even returning a second time a year later..”
Review of Chef Michael's

Chef Michael's
Ranked #4 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely alfreso dinner or Sunday brunch. Fresh Local fish and seafood, Prime steak, attentive, friendly service.
Vero Beach, Florida
“Boy it was good! Even returning a second time a year later..”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time to eat at this lovely restaurant after staying at Cheeca Lodge two years in a row. First off, we walked to the restaurant from the hotel. We did not have reservations so we were seated on the patio with our two small children, which I appreciated. My husband and I split the salad special, which was devine! My seven year old ordered a chowder; we also had soup. My black bean soup was probably the best I ever had. By this time, I was rethinking the patio because it was getting hot. So, if u dine there, eat inside! My husband ordered the lamb chop, which he liked but did not prefer the bed of pasta it set upon. My son ordered the kids steak; he absolutely raved about it. Medium rare to his liking! I ordered the duck: very good but too much for me. Shared quite a bit with hubby and son. Too stuffed to try desert. The service was very attentive. The waiter tried to make my baby happy as well. So if u go: 1. Walk there if u can; 2. Sit inside; 3. Order a bottle not a glass of wine works out less expensive; 4. Try the black bean soup; 5. Order the duck; and 6. Try the carrot cake (did that last year). Thankfully we walked back to work off some of our dinner..

2 Thank sms1977

Seattle, Washington
“The best Hogfish”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had reservations for 14 and were well taken care of. All in my party enjoyed the food. The portions were rather large and some of us could not finish it all. The conch chowder is excellent. Service was quick and efficient. Pricing was reasonable. The restaurant prides itself on its Hogfish and rightfully so.

Visited August 2013
Parkland, Florida
“Amazing Meal”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just got back from Chef Michael's and felt compelled to write a review immediately. First our reservation was at 630 and when we arrived we were the only ones there. I was not concerned because being in the keys people have the tendency to eat later. My wife and I have a 4 year old so 630 is considered late for us. When we entered the hostess greeted us and knew who we were and gave us the option sit inside or out on their deck. It was still a little warm so we chose the inside table. The place is small but quaint and the tables are not on top of each other so you cant hear the other tables conversation. Immediately the first class service began, the server came to our table and explained how the menu worked, then came the water and bread. The bread was delicious and our 4 year old grabbed 3 rolls. Then I first noticed the difficulty in choosing my meal, not in a bad way, but because everything looked delicious. Once we decided on the way we wanted our fish prepared then came the difficult choice of choosing the fish we wanted. The wine selection is good enough that there is something for everyone. Our meals came out and the were delicious, I ordered the hogfish and I was glad I did. The first thing we noticed were the portions were nice sized, the only bad thing because the food was so good had to eat it all, beyond our full point. Good thing fish digest fast for we had just enough room for some crime brûlée and key lime pie. Our daughter had the pasta and she enjoyed that as well. This place is not cheap but it was well worth it. We will definitely be back. Thanks Chef Michael for TE best meal we have had in a while.

Delray Beach, Florida
“Amazing Restaurant with Incredible Food and Servce”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Celebrated my daughter's 30th birthday so wanted this to be a very special occasion and it truly was. From the moment we got there, Mary was there to greet us and have our table set up with the banner I dropped off, balloons and presents on the table. The food was incredible, kudos to Chef Michael. The escargot was delicious and the seafood chowder was perfect. Now to the main dishes. We had the prime rib, hogfish, filet mignon and mixed seafood. All of these dishes were delicious and prepared perfectly. We ended the meal with a slice of the chocolate nutella cake - amazing!!!! Thank you all for a wonderful dining experience....we will be back.

Los Angeles, California
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went looking for great seafood and a wonderful steak and that is exactly what we got. The wine selection was sufficient and satisfying. Our waiting staff was quite friendly and accommodating. Overall, we enjoyed Chef Michael's.

Visited August 2013