“Absolutely the Best Service Around”
Review of Chef Michael's

Chef Michael's
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely alfreso dinner or Sunday brunch. Fresh Local fish and seafood, Prime steak, attentive, friendly service.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We dined at this restaurant for a change of pace, desiring a more peaceful laid back experience than the typical tourist traps in the area. The service was absolutely outstanding. I was amazed at how accommodating each of their staff was to ensure we were taken care of from drinks to desserts. The value and ambiance was very good as well. The food would have been excellent, however it was a bit too salty for my taste and lacked the local spices we expected. Overall, it was probably our best experience so far in the Keys.

2  Thank Insbro
Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We celebrated our 20th anniversary with dinner at Chef Michael's and it was truly one of the most fantastic dinners we have ever had. The service was excellent and they have a nice wine list. I had hogfish (my favorite thing) and my husband had duck. The inside of the restaurant is beautiful with lovely art work. I would strongly suggest making a reservation.

3  Thank 214NancyC
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

What a fabulous experience. From the moment we arrived everything was great. Our greeting was so warm and sincere as we were brought to outdoor table for dinner. Out waitress shellaine "shell" provided us with outstanding and friendly service. She was very knowledgable about everything from the extensive wine list to all the different items on the menu. My fiancée was hesitant about ordering a soft shell crab appetizer after a long ago bad experience but followed shells advice and was so happy. It was fabulous. Our fresh fish dinners were excellent and the homemade desserts were extraordinary. All the tables were commenting how great they were. I recommend this restaurant highly to anyone who enjoys fine dining with a casual friendly atmosphere. Ask for shell. I can not tell you wonderful she made our experience.

3  Thank Tzagh
Reviewed July 3, 2013

First time eating at Chef Michael's and plan to return again, again, and again! Small, intimate, high-end setting, make reservations at least a day or two ahead of time. Food is outstanding and so is the staff. I dropped my fork before my meal arrived and it was only seconds after I picked it up that someone was at my table replacing it. The four of us all had something different but took turns trying each others food - couldn't decide who had the better meal. We will make this a required place to eat each time we visit Islamaroda.

1  Thank S C
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We took our Mutton Snapper, Yellowtail and Blackfin tuna we had caught that morning to Chef Michael to prepare for dinner from the recommendation of our boat captain. We had enough fish for 20 people to enjoy. Chef Michael prepared an amazing spread. The yellowtail was prepared a variety of ways and vegetables were able to complement the meal. The do charge a setup fee of course and it was quite reasonable for all the preparation that took place. My husband was sure it was the best presentation and best meal he has ever had. We were seated kind of in the back on the patio and there was a weird smell that the waitress tried to tell me was citronella (more like vomit). Maybe they thought we were going to be a bunch of rowdy men, not sure but regardless the service was good and it was quite a memorable experience. Decent wine list. If we lived in Islamorada I could see us eating there often. It is a little more classy than most places in Islamorada and is very nice on the inside

2  Thank Cheriejay