“Amazing fish!”

Chef Michael's
Ranked #4 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely alfreso dinner or Sunday brunch. Fresh Local fish and seafood, Prime steak, attentive, friendly service.
Metamora, Illinois
“Amazing fish!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I were in the Keys for our 10 year anniversary. We had a very successful day on the Reef Runner fishing charter. Capt. Paul suggested we take our catch to Chef Michael's. We brought in a generous portion of Mahi and Blackfin Tuna. Our waitress was very helpful as my wife didn't want the tuna seared, she prefers it well done. Our waitress spoke with the cook and he suggested a creole preparation for the tuna. We had the Mahi prepared two different ways and it was all served family style. The dishes were AMAZING! We were thrilled with how they were prepared and couldn't finish the feast.

Overall one of the best meals I've ever had and price was very reasonable (the price is significantly lower if you bring in your own fish).

3 Thank slimbob76

Long Beach, California
“AMAZING....♥ PEACE & HOGFISH!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Fabulous Dinner, Great Staff and oustanding food. The wine list needs tweaking a little as there were out of three bottles that we tried to order....but overall a great expereince. YOU HAVE TO ORDER THE HOGFISH!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank lulu33469
“Amazing, again!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were so excited to go to Chef Michael's again on our yearly trip down to Islamorada, and of course everything was simply amazing! Food, service, ambiance and the staff is always wonderful. Best place in town all around!!

2 Thank Sml21
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Food, Service, Drinks and Environment.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Islamorada for a 2 night stay on our way south to Key West. We heard about Chef Michael's from family members who visit frequently. I am so glad we took their advice after a horrible experience the prior night at Pierre's (DO NOT GO TO PIERRE'S).

We had reservations for 8:30pm and showed up about 15 minutes early. Our table wasn't ready just yet as the place is fairly small for a busy evening. Not a problem, we sat at the bar and I enjoyed a couple glasses of homemade Sangria, Delicious! After chatting with the bartender my husband let him know that he had just returned back to the states from a 6 month Deployment and that we were on vacation celebrating. He popped a bottle of champagne and offered him a glass. Very sweet! This gratitude always melts my heart, not that we were looking for a freebie by any means. At about 8:45pm, we started to get very hungry and our table was still not ready. Our bartender then apologized for the delay and offered that the drinks we enjoyed were on the house. Exceptional service. We were very appreciative.

We were seated not too long after. I wanted to try everything on the menu! Sadly the lobster tempura was not available. I hope to have that next time I visit Chef Michaels as I know we will most certainly return! For appetizer we had the Tuna Tataki and it was beyond fresh. I wanted that dish to last forever. My husband enjoyed the Seafood Pasta (as did I because I had quite a few bites!) and I had the Mahi served Ambassasdor style sauteed w/ crabmeat, shiitake mushrooms, capers, & key lime butter. Divine. Everything was delicious and FRESH! The food was also very reasonably priced.

We ordered the Key Lime Pie for dessert but were much too full to enjoy it that night. We actually took it to go and ate it on a boat ride a couple days later. That too was delicious.

Visit this place, you will not regret it. Just be sure to make reservations as they actually had to turn people away while we were seated at the bar. They even take reservations for the bar!

1 Thank babyglitz
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Brunch”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been meaning to try their Sunday Brunch for awhile and finally did yesterday. It was definitely worth it. I had the best carmalized French Toast I've ever eaten. The price of our meals was very fair and the live music (acoustic guitar) was the perfect touch!

1 Thank ovdave