“Our favorite”

Chef Michael's
Ranked #4 of 92 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely alfreso dinner or Sunday brunch. Fresh Local fish and seafood, Prime steak, attentive, friendly service.
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Our favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Service was great and friendly. Food was terrific. I got the yellow eye snapper, 'ambassador' style. Lots of fish to select from. I also finished up the wife's filet of beef...that too was a work of art. We went at 5:00pm, which may have had something to do with the great service. If you go, say 'hi' to the twins who work there.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank rj2345

London, United Kingdom
“Great food ,fantastic service, not cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We received a warm welcome by the host, a lovely man who was happy to assist although place was packed and we had no booking.
We sat at the counter where a fantastic server assisted us.
I had the hogfish Adriatic style. Hogfish really nice, sauce delicately flavoured.
My husband had the wahi in creole sauce, it was amazing.
For dessert we had a great cinnamon apple tart.

Wine list is good but expensive.

All in all a great experience but quite pricey. Still, go if you want some vey good food and service.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chocolate74
Miami, Florida
“Great customer service and ambiance. Expensive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We are locals. This is where manny And isa restaurant used to be. Our waitress was phenomenal. Everyone was so nice. Very homey. We sat outside w our kids. The kids menu is on the back of an etch-a-sketch which was great bc they were entertained. We had the clam appetizer and lobster tempura. Both excellent. We also had the crab lobster bisque which was way too thick. None of us liked the bisque. The lobster bisque at Marker 88 is much better (but thats about all that is better Marker 88). We had the lamb shank and the hogfish Juliette. We thought both were good, not great, But good. Out bill was higher than we expected at almost $200. We liked it a lot but felt it was too pricey to keep going back often.

1 Thank C M
Cape Coral, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and some relatives of ours had the most delightful experience at Chef Michaels. First off the atmosphere is lovely. We chose to sit on the outside lanai which was nicely decorated with with lovely exotic plants and flowers. The inside seemed cozy, and people at the bar seemed to be having a wonderful time with the friendly bartender who greeted us as well when we walked in.

Our waiter Robbie was absolutely amazing. He was knowledgeable, patient, and answered all of our questions. The restaurant had a very nice beer and wine selection, and our drinks were served right away, and our glasses were always full.

The food was absolutely incredible! My husband and I shared the specialty Romaine "wedge" salad. The applewood smoked bacon combined with the other ingredients and the salad dressing was to die for! Our table also shared the Conch and Rock shrimp appetizer. Crunchy on the outside and tender pieces of meat on the inside served with a yummy sauce. It was perfect. We were told that the Hog fish is wonderful down here in Florida, and they just had a fresh catch in that day, so my husband and I both chose to order it with different prepations. I ordered the "Juliette," and my husband ordered the "Mixed Nuts" preparation. We were served very generous portions of fish which was cooked superbly. My "Juliette" came with very large scallops and prawns on the side with the fish, all were covered in a tasty butter sauce topped with toasted almonds, and my husbands had the most incredible crusted nut topping. He gave me a bite and I swear it was to die for. And the mango sauce it was served with was amazing. I liked it so much I asked for a side of the sauce to go, and the request was gladly granted. Oh, and one of my relatives plopped a piece of their NY strip steak on my plate and it was the most tender piece of meat. Talk about melt in your mouth. The sides were delicious as well. Our entrees were served with savory tender mixed rice topped with almonds and served with an amazing array of baby vegetables. I'm not a big veggie eater, but I ate all of mine. Now the portions...Let's just say that I had enough left over for lunch the next day.

For dessert, my husband ordered the 6 layer carrot cake. I think it may have actually been 7 layers, and it was such a large slice it could have been enough for 3 people. The cake was incredibly moist, and I don't know what the frosting was made of, but it was sooo good! I was generously given a small slice of a relative's chocolate torte, and it was heavenly! Rich and creamy, and I'm not even a lover of chocolate.

I must say the owners and the entire waitstaff from the moment we entered the restaurant were polite, generous with their smiles, and treated us like royalty from the moment they greeted us at the door to the moment we left. They knew we had just arrived in Islamorada for the the first time, and as we were leaving, Chef Michael and his wife Mary, who also had both visited us at our table while we were dining, recommended we take a short walk on a road to a secluded nearby beach to watch the sunset. It was the most amazing evening, and we will never forget the experience. Let's just say, I can't wait to go back. We have already decided we will be returning to Islamorada again next February, and one of the reasons is Chef Michael!
Skybluebiking

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Skybluebiking
Mississippi
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a very busy night and were seated inside. It's a small restaurant, but there is connected patio dining which is enclosed and comfortable. I asked our waitress if she could request an appetizer of blue crab which wasn't on the menu, and Chef Michael obliged by sending a hot/cold plate entirely of blue crab. Very kind of him to do because his restaurant was packed. I ordered the Tempura Lobster as an entree though it is listed as an appetizer, and it was perfectly cooked; not in the least bit tough or overcooked. It's served with a hoisin sauce, but the lobster is so sweet that the hoisin isn't necessary. My husband ordered the hogfish prepared with olive oil and herbs, and he had high praise for it. In fact, it was the best fish he had on our Keys trip. We had the Key Lime pie and a Nutella chocolate cake, and I would advise to just order two Key Lime pies. It was also the best of Key Lime pies that we had in the Keys!

• Visited February 2013