“Nice Place”

Chef Michael's
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely alfreso dinner or Sunday brunch. Fresh Local fish and seafood, Prime steak, attentive, friendly service.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

even though i had the duck my wife had the lion fish . which was a 1st for both of us. well prepared and very tasty. I would recommend this place to everyone.

1  Thank gregoire g
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

OK we tried this after reading the Tripadvisor reviews and, yet again, reviewers are spot on. Fun dinner, good food, great service - light years ahead of Pierre's for example and even better than Kaiyo next door (which we liked).
The restaurant has a smallish inside part (btw, it's next door to Kaiyo...not the easiest to find) with a terrace to the side.
great
really fun food...we had lion fish (you choose the type of fish and they will cook it in one of many ways) and lobster stuffed with crab meat....both were excellent.
Shell - the waitress...enormous fun and a big asset to this place
small, simple menu...always the best way
not so great
wine list quite small but not a big deal
not the greatest value for money but it is the Keys so as expected

The most fun we had dining in Islamorada so we would back the positive reviews and recommend.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had a lovely dinner outside. Very attentive waiter. Tried the hogfish, their specialty. Great! When we were leaving, already getting in our car, the waiter came running out with my wrap that I had left behind. Very nice of him!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I had lunch hear for our anniversary, our first time there and went in on a whim.

We found the brunch menu to be very reasonably priced, especially considering the size of the portions! I had the shrimp and grits which was very hearty and hit the spot after a late night the night before. I even managed to finish the dish!

A great atmosphere out on the very comfortable and well designed porch. Even though you are close to the main drag, all the foliage makes it feel like you are tucked away. Also a great soundtrack for lunch with old time jazz standards playing at a good level.

Good, friendly service as well.

All in all a great dining experience. I do wish that the left over containers were of the biodegradable variety. The Keys are such a delicate Eco system that it would be nice if the local eateries could help save it with better choices in their disposable items.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

absolutely amazing..food,service and staff!
had a group of 28 oct 22nd for dinner ...had never been to michaels before,was a memorial for my late husband..who had been a charter boat captain in islamorada for many years,prior.
The overwhelming care..and preparation for us was .like nothing I had experienced before. The food was 5star+....every single guest of mine raved about the food, the freshness,the uniqueness...of every single dish. From appetizers to desset...truly exceptional.Dont pass this one up....you wont be dissappointed. so worth every penny..and more.delicious..cant wait to come back!!!
Thank you for your wonderful kindness..and sevice.....over the top!!!