“Worth every penny!”

Chef Michael's
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely alfreso dinner or Sunday brunch. Fresh Local fish and seafood, Prime steak, attentive, friendly service.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had been snacking and drinking all week in Key West and the hubby was jonesing for a "proper" meal where he could where his good shirt and have a cloth napkin. Chef Michael's is rated #1 in Islamorada per Trip Advisor, so we gave it a shot. Outstanding! It is not a big place, and we were asked if we had a reservation, which we did not. Lucky for us they had one table left, and were turning people away right after we arrived.

Delicious warm sourdough bread brought to your table, waiter was very attentive and knowledgable about the types of fish and wine offered. We both had the hogfish but prepared differently. Again, Outstanding! We dropped $100 on the meal but it was worth every penny. Tip: Make a reservation, and enjoy!!

1  Thank bofeb14
Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had a fantastic dinner here. Hogfish ambassador style was probably the best fish I have ever had. Great staff, great food, great atmosphere and great wine. Go - you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank J L
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Spent a week in Key West and a week in Marathon. Read about Chef Michael's on tripadvisor and just had to try it. Luckily the restaurant opened on our last night in Marathon after being closed for vacation for several weeks. Every good thing you read about Chef Michael's is true. Our party of four went for an early dinner and were warmly welcomed when we arrived. Our server Dayrell (?) was an absolute delight and we thoroughly enjoyed her. The bread is every bit as good as other reviewers have said, and truly could be an entire meal! Our bread was refilled often and we even took some back with us to have for breakfast before leaving the next morning. I had the nut crusted hogfish and oh my goodness, it was the best fish i ever put in my mouth (and I LOVE fish and eat it often). My husband had the seafood linguine and he could not believe how much seafood (lobster, shrimp and scallops) was in the HUGE bowl of pasta and light, creamy sauce. This restaurant deserves to be rated #1 on tripadvisor for Islamorada. I can't wait for my next trip to the Keys so I can eat at Chef Michael's again. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to Chef Michael's. Oh - and make sure you order the creme brulee for dessert - you will be thrilled you did.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We visited on my wife's birthday. The food was great. Service was friendly and top notch. They offered to treat my wife to dessert which was very tasty and a large portion.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Spoiled is how I feel when I come and dine here. Chef Mike is just great all around. I had the Lionfish app and the prime NY strip. My wife had the chop chop Duck and my kids had buttered noodles and crunchy Hog Fish fingers. I also enjoyed a fabulous bottle of Altamura cab. I have to also add the fresh bread and basil garlic oil dip... Wow.