“Awesome day on the water!”

Drop Back Fishing Charters
Ranked #10 of 159 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: The Drop Back is a 40 foot custom charter fishing boat specifically designed for reef, wreck and offshore fishing in the Florida Keys. We are conveniently located at the Postcard Inn and Marina at the world famous Holiday Isle , MM 84.5, near all of Islamorada's famous restaurants and attractions. The Florida Keys' waters offer a wide variety of species, from sport fish including Sailfish and Marlin to excellent eating fish such as Dolphin (Mahi-Mahi), Tuna, Wahoo, and Yellowtail Snapper. Let our highly skilled professional crew guide and assist you while tackling your trophy catch. Captain Jon Reynolds and his courteous, friendly crew welcome you aboard the Drop Back for a Florida Keys fishing experience of a lifetime!
Galveston
“Awesome day on the water!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband said- Great boat! Great crew! Lots of fish! Will definitely use again!

I thought Capt. Jon and his mate Zack were wonderful! Captain Jon was friendly and very knowledgable. He put us on the dolphin and we caught our limit early. It was great fun. Zack made sure that we all knew exactly what to do and worked hard to make sure we had an excellent day on the water. I can't wait to go back and bring the kids with us next time. I would recommend Drop Back charters to any friend visiting the keys!

Visited July 2014
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. Fishing in Islamorada proves to be a different experience throughout the year. We would love to show you guys everything this fishery has to offer!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fishing experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Capt. Jon and his mate provided myself and my family the experience of a lifetime fishing. If you have the desire to go fishing in Islamorada don't even consider anyone else but Capt. Jon Drop Back fishing charter. Not only is he professional and knowledgeable he also makes it fun and educational. We booked two days and wish we could spend a week with him on the Drop Back. Don't waste your time looking for another captain or cheaper rates. Go for the BEST!!!

Visited June 2014
Thank you so much for coming with us and for the great review. I hope we can make this an annual event! We had some great trips. The fishing and the conversations on the bridge were equally entertaining. Never thought of Mahi Sushi, but now I know. :) Thanks again.
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fishing with Captain Jon”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Was scheduled to fish the Dropback in February 2014 with our grandsons but had to cancel due to icancelled flights. Rescheduled for June 25 with Jon and Zack. We've fished before but this rates as the one the best trips. We picked the Dropback due to the reviews and references to attention to kids. While Zack taught my grandson to rig ballyhoo Captain Jon found the fish. The fishing was great and fast with our limit by noon of Mahi. By far if you want a great fishing trip with excellent crew fish the Dropback with Captain Jon and Zack.

1 Thank Linda L
What a team out there! Getting an A+ out there isn't easy. :) We had such a great time with you guys on the boat. We can't wait till the next time.
Palm Coast, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mahi-mahi & more mahi”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Jon & Zack thanks again for the awesome day.Limited out on Mahi by noon but kept looking for other hookups. Zack can turn the confusion of 4 fish on into a smooth medely like clockwork. Never fished with quad hookups so organized, and I have been fishing charters a long time.Drop Back is with out a doubt the cleanest, and most sincere captain about his fishing I have ever had the pleasure to hook up with. Been fishing with these guys two years with huge success. Last new years eve I caught my first sailfish with Capt. Jon.Fish with Drop Back if you want have a day to remember.

2 Thank Kurt K
It is always a pleasure having you on board! Now that you are hooked, I know we will be seeing each other again soon! :) Let me know when we can get you out there again. Thanks again.
Palm Coast, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fishing”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We booked a trip with Capt. Jon and his mate Zack. Both proved to be highly knowledgeable and went out of their way to assist us and make sure we had a memorable trip. Due to their experience and knowledge we not only caught our limit but had a wonderful trip. We will definitely be going back and are looking forward to our next trip with them.

1 Thank Daniel Z
I'm glad we were able to give you the experience you were looking for! We look forward to the next adventure with you!
Capt Jon