“Awesome time aboard the Drop Back”

Drop Back Fishing Charters
Ranked #10 of 159 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: The Drop Back is a 40 foot custom charter fishing boat specifically designed for reef, wreck and offshore fishing in the Florida Keys. We are conveniently located at the Postcard Inn and Marina at the world famous Holiday Isle , MM 84.5, near all of Islamorada's famous restaurants and attractions. The Florida Keys' waters offer a wide variety of species, from sport fish including Sailfish and Marlin to excellent eating fish such as Dolphin (Mahi-Mahi), Tuna, Wahoo, and Yellowtail Snapper. Let our highly skilled professional crew guide and assist you while tackling your trophy catch. Captain Jon Reynolds and his courteous, friendly crew welcome you aboard the Drop Back for a Florida Keys fishing experience of a lifetime!
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome time aboard the Drop Back”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My son and I were invited by a good friend of ours to go offshore with Capt. Jon and his mate Chris, and it was a great experience! It was my son's first time blue water fishing and he cannot stop talking about every detail of the trip and the professionalism of the captain. He was very encouraging and helped my son over his initial hesitation. Now I do not know who is more fired up- him or the mess of Mahi we were able to tease to the boat and catch!
Great time and super crew! Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Robbert B
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Watching kids catch fish on my boat is one of the coolest parts of my job. I know how much I loved it (and still do), no matter what type of fish it was. I'm really glad you guys had a good time. It's just the beginning!

San Diego, California
“Great Experience with Great People!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is by far the best experience I've had. This is my first time going out on a boat and Capt. Jon and mate Chris just made us feel like home. They really took us on an adventure that was beyond words. We show some amazing sea animals such as sharks and dolphins.

I would recommend anyone who is staying in that area to go out and experience this boat ride. You will NOT regret it!

Thank you Capt. Jon and mate Chris for your great service and hospitality!

Visited March 2014
I'm really glad you had an enjoyable experience with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Captain Jon
“Great experience on the Drop Back”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I went on my first offshore fishing trip with Captain Jon and first mate Chris. I went with one of my friends Janice and another fellow (Ron). It was an outstanding experience. Ron caught the first sail of the day. Later in the day after several hits I ended up with my first sail on. Jon's excellent boat handling kept the boat in perfect position to allow me to get the fish to the boat. A great day of fishing and I would highly recommend the Drop Back.

Visited February 2014
I'm really glad you decided to join us that day. We sure saw a lot of Sails that day! Even though we didn't get to catch all of them, I'm glad we caught those two. Catching your first Sailfish is a very special feeling. Thanks for fishing with us. I hope we see you again soon.

4 attraction reviews
“The greatest sailfishing ever...”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I went fishing on the drop back charter fishing boat for a split charter with two other folks. We went out sailfishing my first time and caught 5 nice sails I was happy that day so we're the other folks capt jon and 1st mate Chris where amazing in the way we got to the fish and bring them up I can't wait till the next time I go back... thanks jon and chris

Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
That was truly exceptional fishing! It's a lot of fun when they are biting like that! Bait hits the water, Sailfish eats it.....bait hits the water, Sailfish eats it......and so on. It seems to be when you are on the boat, things like that happen. We will see you real soon! Thanks again.
Stillwater, Oklahoma
“Fish and fun on the water”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Five of us went out with Capt. Jon and Mate Chris. Caught some nice sails, dolphin, saw some sharks take flying spinning leaps out of water. It was beautiful. I'd go back out with them in heartbeat.

When things would get slow, they worked hard to get us back on the fish. Chris could anticipate how to set the rigs when we changed things up with little or no instruction from the Capt. Those guys make a great team.

Visited February 2014
It was great meeting all of you guys and fishing with you. We had a great trip and I'm hoping for more with all of you. Give me a ring next time you get the itch! Thanks again.