“The greatest sailfishing ever...”

Drop Back Fishing Charters
Ranked #10 of 159 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: The Drop Back is a 40 foot custom charter fishing boat specifically designed for reef, wreck and offshore fishing in the Florida Keys. We are conveniently located at the Postcard Inn and Marina at the world famous Holiday Isle , MM 84.5, near all of Islamorada's famous restaurants and attractions. The Florida Keys' waters offer a wide variety of species, from sport fish including Sailfish and Marlin to excellent eating fish such as Dolphin (Mahi-Mahi), Tuna, Wahoo, and Yellowtail Snapper. Let our highly skilled professional crew guide and assist you while tackling your trophy catch. Captain Jon Reynolds and his courteous, friendly crew welcome you aboard the Drop Back for a Florida Keys fishing experience of a lifetime!
4 attraction reviews
“The greatest sailfishing ever...”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I went fishing on the drop back charter fishing boat for a split charter with two other folks. We went out sailfishing my first time and caught 5 nice sails I was happy that day so we're the other folks capt jon and 1st mate Chris where amazing in the way we got to the fish and bring them up I can't wait till the next time I go back... thanks jon and chris

Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
That was truly exceptional fishing! It's a lot of fun when they are biting like that! Bait hits the water, Sailfish eats it.....bait hits the water, Sailfish eats it......and so on. It seems to be when you are on the boat, things like that happen. We will see you real soon! Thanks again.

Stillwater, Oklahoma
“Fish and fun on the water”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Five of us went out with Capt. Jon and Mate Chris. Caught some nice sails, dolphin, saw some sharks take flying spinning leaps out of water. It was beautiful. I'd go back out with them in heartbeat.

When things would get slow, they worked hard to get us back on the fish. Chris could anticipate how to set the rigs when we changed things up with little or no instruction from the Capt. Those guys make a great team.

Visited February 2014
It was great meeting all of you guys and fishing with you. We had a great trip and I'm hoping for more with all of you. Give me a ring next time you get the itch! Thanks again.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Drop Back. Always First-class!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've been out with Capt. Jon Reynolds and his crew on the Drop Back too many times to count now...and there's a reason. In the 6 years or so I've been going charter fishing in Islamorada, I've never come across a more professional, courteous, and fun operation. I was most recently fishing with Capt. Jon and mate Chris for two days in mid-February 2014. The conditions were tough, but the crew worked their tails off to put us on some really nice fish. I hope to see some of the grouper we had to send back (season closed until May) when I visit again in the fall! The boat is exceptionally clean and the new tuna tower is awesome! It's a new level of excitement when Jon scurries up from the bridge to the tower...you know he's on some fish! Can't wait to fish with them again soon!

Visited February 2014
I can't tell you how much I enjoy fishing with you guys. I look forward to every trip. We will see you guys in the Fall, if not before. Can't wait.
New Hampshire
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best charter in Islamorada”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Capt. Jon and Mate Chris are by far the best charter you will find in the keys. We fished 2 days in Jan. caught big fish both days. Fished on Drop Back 4 times now Can't wait for #5.

Visited January 2014
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
We sure have had some good days of fishing together! This last time just reinforced the fact that we make a good team. Good weather and good fishing. We'll see you soon man.
Jacksonville, Florida
“These guys are the best!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My father, younger brother, and I just finished our second two day deep sea angling "binge" and it could only be described as nothing short of highly successful! Jon is a highly knowledgeable and personable captain and his mate, Chris, is super helpful and willing to take the time to do some teaching (so make sure you hook him up with some sweet cheese at the end cause he's worth it and its just bad karma). I couldn't be happier with the experience I've had each time I've gone out with them. Because of Capt. Jon's extensive knowledge, you're pretty much all but guaranteed to tear 'em up every time. We've landed everything from dolphin and blackfin to sails and big kings! Cool people, big fish, nice boat... do it

Visited January 2014
It's so nice fishing with you guys. It is fun even when it's slow and when the bite starts the excitement level skyrockets! It was really cool that your brother got to catch his first Sail this trip. I'll bet he is watching the video as we speak.... :). Can't wait to see you again.