“R. O. S. S. is my name”

Drop Back Fishing Charters
Ranked #12 of 161 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: The Drop Back is a 40 foot custom charter fishing boat specifically designed for reef, wreck and offshore fishing in the Florida Keys. We are conveniently located at the Postcard Inn and Marina at the world famous Holiday Isle , MM 84.5, near all of Islamorada's famous restaurants and attractions. The Florida Keys' waters offer a wide variety of species, from sport fish including Sailfish and Marlin to excellent eating fish such as Dolphin (Mahi-Mahi), Tuna, Wahoo, and Yellowtail Snapper. Let our highly skilled professional crew guide and assist you while tackling your trophy catch. Captain Jon Reynolds and his courteous, friendly crew welcome you aboard the Drop Back for a Florida Keys fishing experience of a lifetime!
Reviewed January 24, 2014

"Best Bud"... HA!... I went with some girl. You can easily get overwhelmed with trying to find a charter thats perfect for you. I was trying to find any one to take me fishing, lots of failed attempts, until we drove by the Drop Backs slip and saw the skipper Jon and mate Chris washing down the boat after a successful day of fishing. So we decided to ask them their rate and it turned out another party of 4 was interested. Their great attitudes and friendliness off the bat sold us. These guys will take you to the fish, you just have to land'em! I caught the catch of the day on first line out! Would definitely charter them again if I return to the Keys. Lot's of fun and don't forget to take care of Chris with a nice tip.

Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

R.O.S.S. you are the man!! It was really cool talking to you up on the bridge on the way out and back in. Sorry I had to abruptly interrupt both times to cast at Sailfish. :). Best of luck to you with all of your quests. Come back and see us soon.

There are newer reviews for Drop Back Fishing Charters

Reviewed January 21, 2014

After a few days of scoping out other charters, my best bud and I were lucky enough to split half a day with a group of four, which was perfect! Then sure enough, the first cast of the day brought in a monster sailfish. It was very exciting. Captain Jon & Mate Chris were awesome. They make a great team and are so on their game. Out of six people we all reeled in a few each. So if you are looking for solid professionals, who will make you laugh and give you an unforgettable day, these guys are the crew for you.

Nothing like a free jumper to start off the day! That was a lot of fun. I'm really glad the way it all worked out. I hope you guys can find the time to get back down here and see us again.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I had never been deep sea fishing until we were fortunate to split a day excursion offshore of Islamadora with Lee on the Drop Back with Captain Jon and Mate Chris. We had an awesome day! The sailfish were biting!! I caught two and Roy, my husband, caught one! We never would have done it except for the expertise of Jon and Chris. Thanks again! We highly recommend this charter.
Roy & Mary Jobst
Earlham, Iowa

They sure were biting that day. Sometimes it's amazing how everything just comes together. Having you guys on the boat was a pleasure. Congratulations on your first two Sailfish!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Again Jon and Mate Cris made this an very special day. Start with Jon hooking me up on a 2 person split with Janice who by the way was great to share the day with.Well this trip was a first for myself and Capt. Jon cacthing my 1st sail and in the rain.Most importantly this is a first rate charter boat by all means. Book this boat for your next or 1st trip. You will be impressed with every aspect of your experiance. Cant wait to hook up again.

A little rain won't stop us, right! I'm glad we were able to keep fishing that day and catch you that Sail! I look forward to your next trip with us!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Me and my family were pulling fish in the boat almost nonstop, we also caught two sailfish as well. The captain and the mate knew what they were doing and made the trip lots of fun.

Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Nice job on that Sailfish Sid! We will get that Tuna next time. Thanks for the good review. I can't wait to have you and your family on the boat again.