“AWESOME”

Drop Back Fishing Charters
Ranked #10 of 159 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: The Drop Back is a 40 foot custom charter fishing boat specifically designed for reef, wreck and offshore fishing in the Florida Keys. We are conveniently located at the Postcard Inn and Marina at the world famous Holiday Isle , MM 84.5, near all of Islamorada's famous restaurants and attractions. The Florida Keys' waters offer a wide variety of species, from sport fish including Sailfish and Marlin to excellent eating fish such as Dolphin (Mahi-Mahi), Tuna, Wahoo, and Yellowtail Snapper. Let our highly skilled professional crew guide and assist you while tackling your trophy catch. Captain Jon Reynolds and his courteous, friendly crew welcome you aboard the Drop Back for a Florida Keys fishing experience of a lifetime!
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“AWESOME”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We drove by and asked Jon a few questions on a whim. Within an hour he had us lined up for a 1/2 day trip. We caught 2 sailfish and lost one. We also caught a 20lb+ tuna and a kingfish. Jon the captain and his mate Ryan are extremely knowledgable. Its not a job for them but their passion.

We had a great time and I would highly recommend them. I can now cross of catching a sailfish of my bucket list

Visited December 2012
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
That's the great thing about the Winter Season. The Sailfish are right on the edge of the reef and it doesn't take 2 hours of travelling off-shore to get to them! You guys were enjoyable to fish with and we're glad you had a great time. Hopefully you'll be able to join us again in the future should you have the opportunity to come back to the beautiful Florida Keys.

Osceola, Indiana, United States
“Lots of Fish and Lots of Fun!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I along with 4 of his friends from work did a full day charter with Drop Back on Saturday and had a blast. Captain John and Ryan are very professional and a lot of fun too. This was my first time on a charter and they were happy to answer all my silly questions and really made me feel at ease. Being from Indiana I know very little about saltwater fishing. Captain John worked hard at finding us the right spots for the fish and we caught WAY more than any of the other charters did that day. Final total was 18 dolphin, 3 nice black fin tuna, and a few bonitas. He also cleaned them so well that all I had to do was a quick rinse and then put them in the freezer. Some of our catch we even had cooked right away at a place John suggested. It was very good. We can hardly wait to do it again and will choose Drop Back Charters every time. Let these great guys show you a wonderful day on the water and you won't be sorry. Thanks John and Ryan for a perfect day!

Visited December 2012
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
That sure was a nice rack of Dolphin for the middle of December! We sure enjoyed having your group out on Saturday and we're happy to see some Mahi coming back into the area. Thanks for the great review and look forward to seeing all of you in the future.
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Top Notch Charter”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

If you are looking to catch some fish and have a great day on the water...look no more.My husband and I chartered Drop Back and had a blast catching a variety of fish, mutton snapper,bonita,and grouper! Jon and Ryan are truly professionals at what they do ! They worked hard at finding the fish for us and are a great team. Jon even called Lazy Days restaurant ,got us a table for that night where they prepared our fish for us ....it was amazing!!! Thanks for making our Islamorda vacation a great memory.....you guys rock!! Mary & Jim Lansdale, Pa

Visited October 2012
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
We really appreciate your taking the time to write a review for us Mary-it really does help improve our business as we've found out this past year.People actually read these reviews! We're glad you two enjoyed your trip and we're also glad you had the chance to enjoy your fish- there is nothing better than eating fish you've caught that same day!
Hope you get the chance to visit us again in the beautiful Florida Keys in the future.
Glen Rock, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Drop Back rocks”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Spent two days on the drop back and had a blast! Capt. John is a great guide and works hard to put you on fish. His mate Ryan is also very good. We landed a sail fish on day one, and lost a few more. One day two, we had an amazing blitz where the rods wouldn't stop hitting for over an hour. My friend H and I had a great time and would highly recommend Drop Back if you are in Islamorada and looking to fish. It will be too long before we can go back, but we definitely will. You can't go wrong with the boat or the captain.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank J B
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I see you took our advise and took your catch to Lazy Days and had...a feast!!! That was some action you two had that Saturday-the bait hit the water and it was followed by an immediate hook-up! But we shall not forget Friday and Justin's first Sailfish caught!
Thanks for the review and look forward to seeing the two of you again in the future.
florida city
“Best charter in South Florida”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I don't have a chance to go fishing much, but have been on about 10-12 charters, and Drop Back was by far the best charter I have been on. Captain John is an extremely competent captain, and hustles hard. I will definitely be going again.

Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thanks for the nice review-we really appreciate our customers taking the time to write a review of their trip. We're really excited about the start of the Winter season this week. I can't believe how many Sailfish we've seen this week on the edge of the reef and we were glad our anglers this week and last week were able to catch and release quite a few of them. Hopefully you'll have time to take a break over the next three months and come down catch a Sailfish with us because it looks like it's going to be one heck of a Winter fishing season!