“December 2013 Fishing Bridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Islamorada Fishing

Islamorada Fishing
Brevard,NC
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“December 2013 Fishing Bridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have been coming to Islamorada for 4 years now. Always in December due to my schedule. I have found the fishing bridge to be good or better than some charters (shallow water). the fish are off shore this time of year. But one can always catch a few from the bridges. No Florida liscence needed from shore. Use frozen squid, shrimp or silver sides. Live bait is best if the bite is good.

Visited December 2013

Maldon, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Bud n Mary's $65 day charter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

One has to be careful when leaving reviews to try and take into account the whole package, Islamorada is without doubt a great place to fish so when arriving we booked a day on the group charter from Bud n Mary's. I have fished now for over 40 years and fully knew what to expect. The people at Bud n Mary's were polite helpful people, the day charter boat that day had approx15 people and was not cramped.

Although I was aware of
pre booked stern positions I fished
from there for as long as I had the inclination. If you have ever been mackerel bashing out of Cornwall then this was a similar experience just moved to Florida, and this was fine with me, $65 was a reasonable price for this excursion. Leaving at 9.30am, the crew worked hard all day, and the boat repositioned itself several times to try and keep in contact with the fish. My wife and I had mainly yellowfin snapper and grouper and it turned out my yellowfin was the biggest of the day,with ego massaged we
returned to port at 4.00pm. Good value for money.

Take along your own food and drink as there are ample cool boxes and also a couple of plastic bags for your catch. They offer a free filleting service by the boat but a tip won't go amiss as would a good tip for the two crew lads who grafted all day.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Frederick K
Miami, Florida, United States
“Capt Travis - Fantastic Fishing Charter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

The day was absolutely gorgeous to spend on the water. Ocean was very smooth, and the temperature was perfect, BUT it didn't seem like anybody was catching anything. The two main fish in season, were not biting...we managed to only catch a couple tuna before Travis decided it was time to catch some bigger fish, which we did! The day was running short, but we managed to bring in 3 large amberjack at the end of the charter...I had never caught amberjack, and they were hard to bring in but lots of fun! The captain was very knowledgeable, and was able to turn the lack of biting fish into a great fishing trip when all was said and done! I'd highly recommend him to anybody looking for a good catch, regardless of whether or not the fish want to bite what the other boats are dropping in the water ;)

Visited October 2013
miami, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Been fishing 4 times over 2 years, KNOWLEDGABLE CAPTAIN & MATE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been out with Captain Rick 4 times in the last 2 - 3 yrs and he always catches fish. Won't dissapoint. Twice, we've caught the most fish at the docks and the people gather round asking how far we went out to catch them. Captain rick will drive to the ends of the earth to catch fish.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ewibolo
Galveston Island, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Capt Eric Scoble-Blackwater Charters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I spent 2 days with Capt Eric catching Tarpon in Islamorada, Florida. I've fished for Tarpon with others and Capt Eric put me on the best experience to date. Jumped 3 and caught 1 (all 150# class Tarpon). Eric's experience and determination made the difference, as others in the area did not have similar reports for the day. GREAT experience with a professional guide and overall good person!!

Visited July 2013