“Awesome Experience!”

KAY K IV Sport Fishing Charters
Ranked #2 of 159 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: The Kay K IV was built in 2002. Air conditioned, well maintained and fast, the K KAY IV was customized to maximize fishability and comfort. We can easily handle up to 6 fishermen in the KAY K IV’s huge cockpit with it’s large live bait well. The experienced crew will guide you to and give you instructions on how to catch Mahi , Wahoo, Sailfish, Kingfish, Tuna and more. Do you want to fish the reef for yellowtail snapper, muttons snapper and groupers? We can do that! How about fishing for something different? Deep dropping (300ft to 600ft) for snapper, tilefish, porgies and snowy grouper; just a few of the tasty deepwater fish species that Captain Don has the equipment and the expertise to catch. Concerned about getting seasick or don’t want to get too far out to sea? Try our patch fishing trip. Lots of action, close to shore and in relatively calm water. We have a clean bathroom, comfortable seating and a large fish box. We also have a courteous, professional, and experienced crew that will make your trip truly memorable.
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My family and I just got home from an amazing trip to Islamorada. The highlight was our fabulous time on the Kay K IV with Captain Don. It was the first time on a charter for our teenage son. His arm still hurts but we can't wipe the smile from his face!! The captain and his mate, Lee made us feel part of the crew, patiently teaching us the best way to catch the fish. My older son has autism and they were patient and kind,. The boat is beautiful. We had a spectacular lunch of snapper. My husband and I have used other charters..none compare to the Kay K IV.
Thank you Captatin Don for a spectacular day!
Rose

Visited October 2012

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“BEST CAPTAIN EVER!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just went on a trip today with Capt. Don and Travis, his 1st mate. I had so much fun! I'm not a big fisherman and actually had no intention of reeling one in (was there for my boyfriend really). It just looked like so much fun, I couldn't help but to jump in and get on the poles myself! Captain Don answered every question I had about boats, sea turtles, jaws, and fish. He really knew his stuff, was very personable, and really made our entire trip wonderful. The boat was gorgeous, comfortable, and even had nice air conditioning (although none of us were in it, we were too busy catching fish)! Would love to type more, but I'm on my way to dinner...to eat my fresh Grouper, thanks Capt Don and Travis!
Regards,
Larken (Nashville, TN)

Visited September 2012
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tie the Knot Fishing Tourny”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My fiancee (now wife) & I booked a charter with Captain Don with Kay K IV and another boat two days before our wedding for a "guys vs. gals" fishing tourny. Althought Capt. Don got stuck with the guys, we had a great go at it landing some nice kings early on. The seas were pretty choppy but it was only a half-day charter. The boat was great, the first mate Josh was excellent, and the fishing was a blast! Thanks again,
-Patrick

Visited September 2012
983CaptainDon, Captain at KAY K IV Sport Fishing Charters, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thanks Patrick. Wishing you a long and happy life with your new wife. Captain Don
Miami, Florida
“Fishing At Its Best With Captiain Don & Mate Josh”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We initially thought the cost was prohibitive, but Captain Don & Josh provided us with a fishing adventure that was well worth it! We caught so many fish we probably could have sold them for about what the trip cost! Instead we gave them away to our family and friends, and still had a freezer full left! It's 3 weeks later and I'm still eating fish every day!

Captain Don was amiable, good-natured and helpful. Josh the mate worked his butt off for us despite a badly ailing arm. We felt they were both sincerely concerned with seeing that we experienced a day to remember. This attitude is obviously reflected in the overwhelmingly positive feedback Captain Don has earned. If you want to have a day of fishing you'll remember for the rest of your lives...Captain Don is your man! Thanks again Captain Don & Josh. Take care.

MJ, Tony & Chris

Visited August 2012
983CaptainDon, Captain at KAY K IV Sport Fishing Charters, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thanks MJ, Tony and Chris,
I am so glad you enjoyed your day on the Kay K IV and we will see you next time you are in Islamorada.
Captain Don
west palm beach
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A MUST DO WHILE YOUR HERE”
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We just got back from fishing with Capt. Don and Josh these guys are a class act. We wanted to go offshore cause we had family with us. We chose to go fishing for snapper. Not only did we have fun and catch fish but we caught 43 of them!!! Capt Don knows right where the spots are. Just as fast as the bait would hit the bottom we would reel them in just as fast. After we were finished all of our arms hurt. After Capt Don and Josh cleaned all of our fish (45 min out of their busy day) we thanked them and immediately made reservations for the following day to go tarpon and shark fishing. We can't wait till then!! All in all other boat came back with out fish but NOT US. Trust me don't take a chance with others. Stick with a sure fire winner and the boat Kay K IV. We will definately use them again next time we are here!!