“Breathtaking Sunrises and Sunsets right on the water”

Islander Resort, a Guy Harvey Outpost
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Islamorada via the Greyhound bus from Miami. The greyhound stop is a 1 minute walk from the Islander Resort which makes it a great location if you are traveling by greyhound. The staff was incredibly friendly. We only stayed for one night and went snorkeling in the morning, but the staff let us use all of the pool/beach facilities the whole day after we got back from our trip. We woke up around 7 and watched the sunrise over the ocean-- beautiful, quiet, and colorful. The rooms also have a full kitchen which is awesome if you want to stay for a few days and the grounds have barbecues, picnic tables, and hammocks everywhere which makes it very relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and me stayed there for our honeymoon. They had nice and clean rooms, and their breakfast was awesome. The good point about this place is that you have your private beach to walk or bike. Also, you can drink in their Tiki-Bar and enjoy the sunset.
The only reason that I gave them 4 was that their rooms walls was pretty thin and you could easily hear what other people saying.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vaziri
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

If you want a top notch top-of-the-line resort experience, go somewhere else. If you want a neat old timie motel on the beach experience with all possible amenities this is an excellent place. On my 2nd day of a 3 day stay, and I LOVE this place. I suggest you get a beachfront unit (e.g. 411). Food a little pricey at the bar for what you get... But you are in the Keys... I'm glad I selected this place. Ain't perfect, but most of the reviews and photos were spot on. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a great, comfortable hotel in a terrific location. Good value for money and the restaurant tiki bar is especially good. This is not high class luxury, but that isn't what you want from a stay in the keys. Laid back, easy going relaxation with friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed the first week of October for 7 nights. Celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. This resort is absolutely gorgeous! We had such a great relaxing time. All staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed both pools, great music always playing. The waiters would come right to you even if in the pool to take your order and deliver your drinks etc. right back to you. Beautiful sunrise and sunset everyday. We also liked that we could walk across the street to the Lorelei Restaraunt for great food and nightly entertainment or up the street to Mangrove Mikes for a delicious breakfast. The continental breakfast offered at the resort was fantastic too. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We had an Ocean view King with a lanai and full kitchen. Room #123. Loved it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were surprised at the upcoming name change but still received the familiar service we have been accustomed to. The reservation I made was spot on and ready when we arrived,and not much has changed. It is our understanding that some changes will be made and updating to occur,which will only make this resort more enjoyable. I think that the staff at pool side grill must have changed, the food didn't appear to be as well done as previously, in fact, I sent back my week old shrimp/corn chowder soup which was over seasoned with cummin and had NO shrimp nor corn that I could find. I never usually send anything back but this soup was obviously a week old as acknowledge by our waiter. Staff also was not as engaging as we have found in the past and appeared just not to be very "happy". The bar staff was in charge of the resort music (alternative urban I think) which is heard all around the pool areas and the rooms near by. We found it rather loud and lyric content somewhat disturbing (songs of Armageddon,Death,Suicide and possibly, Rape? but it did have a beat) "Doom and Gloom" is not what we wanted to hear,especially when we live it. When asked if the music could be changed we were told by the bartender that this was the chosen resort Sirius station (The Pulse I think) though they did lower the volume and we were asked sarcastically if it was "Jimmy Buffet" we wanted to listen to. We assured him not really but something more mainstream. The start of the next day same loud "Doom and Gloom" we brought this to the attention of the front desk who in turn forwarded it to the Manager Robin. Almost immediately we received a call from Robin to discuss our concerns which she thoroughly agreed with us, and in fact stated that this particular station was NOT to have been available. Though, Robin was successful in rectifying the situation it was short lived until yet another visitor observed the same and I believe made mention of it. We do enjoy music and I suppose others enjoy alternative music and it doesn't have to be "BEACHY" all the time but all type of music has it time. I appreciate my conversation with Robin and due to her concerns makes it easy to return. One suggestion they may consider if updating replace bed lights with fixtures that also include outlets which there are not to many.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vacalot
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The 1st thing you see is the awesome big retro sign that both identifies & welcomes guests. The spacious & sprawling grounds are beautifully kept up. You could easily arrive here & not leave during your stay...they have a beautiful private beach area that was just steps away from our room, a lovely pool deck area with both freshwater & saltwater pools. The rooms are a good size & include both a full kitchenette & really roomy lanai--the bathrooms are small but adequate - however there is shelving in the bathroom & closet just across to hold toiletries & towels.
The staff has been very friendly & accommodating, I have met the GM twice walking the property & enjoyed chatting with her. The Bluewater Tiki Bar is not your typical bar food by a long shot -- they serve a full & diverse menu -- that is not only yummy but has plentiful portions.
I would easily return here & have no doubt it would be enjoyable again!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank CharlaAV711
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
Chesapeake Beach Resort
Chesapeake Beach Resort
#13 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Islander Resort, a Guy Harvey Outpost? Share your experiences!