Islander Resort, a Guy Harvey Outpost
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Sevierville, Tennessee
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I called at least a dozen places for our Scout Troop to stay and was rebuffed by most of them. Islander Resort was more than accommodating for our group. They were honored to have Scouts stay with them and worked hard to meet our budget needs. Our group sized changed (even up to the last week before arrival) and everyone I spoke with over the course of a year putting this together were pleasant, professional, and helpful. Once we got there...what a dream. We had all spent at least two days on the road and felt like we had landed in paradise. I can't rave on this resort enough. I would go back in a heartbeat. The rooms were fantastic, the resort was peaceful, the staff very pleasant, the "continental" breakfast fed both my teenage boys every morning, and I could go on. If you're looking for a little slice of serenity, stay here. It's worth every penny plus some.

Room Tip: All the rooms our group stayed in were the same. It's designed so every room is convenient.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank thefibmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Key Largo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

WARNING TO ALL TOURISTS!!!! This location does not serve alcohol to anyone without a U.S. I.D.. We had our German Passports and an international driver's license. The server's, bartender, and management staff all declined our I.D.'s as proof of age (we were 27-29). We were told that no one is allowed to be served alcohol without a U.S. I.D. This is a ridiculous policy and pretty sure it's illegal to refuse alcohol to international customers.
Well will never return to this location nor will we have any of our friends stay here again. We also told all of the local establishments we visited about our experience so they don't recommend their estblishment anymore to tourists.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Swabian84
St Johns, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

3rd visit to the Islander and as always the room is clean and well kept. The pools and beach areas are also taken care of very well. The bar can be a little pricey but no more than you would expect at a hotel - and the bloody marys are excellent. Continental breakfast includes juice, coffee, waffles, french toast, pastries and fruit. Excellent place for families...

Room Tip: Unless you plan on spending a lot of time in your room's patio opt for a lanai facing room. Acce...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Spanish Fork, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

What makes this place great is the location on the beach. The palm trees feel like a tropical paradise. The rooms are pretty dated. We only stayed one night. The breakfast is the morning is continental, and a nice bonus. We sat outside and ate which was perfect. The staff is super friendly and nice. There is a small fridge and kitchenette in the rooms, which for an extended stay would be helpful for those wanting to fix some meals there. The rooms need updating, but bed was comfortable. The lanai was very nice and all the rooms face the ocean. The pool were beautiful.
Side note: Lorelei's for lunch or dinner and conch fritters.
and Bob's Bunz for breakfast

Room Tip: All rooms seemed good and faced the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We spent 1 night here after 4 nights in Key West. My first impression was ick. But we had just come from a more expensive place and I tried hard not to compare. Hurricane Sandy was out there and we were getting the fringe effects, lots of wind and sprinkles. No water sports available because of the weather.

We had a 2 bed courtyard room with a screened in porch. The room had everything you needed, but was old. Clean, but some rust on the appliances. We did like the wide open property and they had lounge chairs lining the man-made beach.

Probably won't stay here again, will spend the extra night in Key West.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have been going to the Florida Keys for over 10 years, the last 8 in islamorada. We stumbled across the Islander after another resort we were going to burned down. We have been going back now for 3 years. This place is fantastic. They are right on the beach, have two pools, a restaurant, a tiki bar, and it is clean and beautiful. The people have been great to us, AND perhaps the best part....all at a reasonable rate!!
Reeeealy love it here.

Room Tip: No room service per se, but the restaurant will pack up dinners so you can enjoy at your room, or on...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had planned on our group of 6 to stay here one night after Key West before heading back up to Miami to fly home. Once we arrived, we all said, "Why are we only spending one night here?!!". I wish I had more vacation time.
We arrived a few hours early and when I asked about our rooms I received a very warm welcome and they got us in right away...the front desk was super nice.
I loved the room, small kitchenett, a screened in porch overlooking the garden, tall celings, quiet...the only thing I didn't like were the two beds that wouldn't really work being pushed together. Not a big complaint though.
We went to the pool, oh so relaxing just floating about sipping on our drinks being served by, Mark the very prompt and friendly server. $5 beers, $8.25 margaritas. We couldn't bring our own drinks into the pool area but, it was OK down by the beach to do so.
Lots of beach, man made, but they do a great job taking care of it. Stairs lead down to the ocean for snorkeling and swimming. I would recommend bringing water shoes if you have sissy feet like I do. The bottom step is a little too slimy for me. There is a peer to walk out onto to get a look back at the resort and down at all the fish.
We went to the restaurant by the pool for dinner and the food was very good. I had the Cuban Lobster and loved it. It was the only fancy meal I ordered all week ($32) but, most of the dishes there aren't that expensive. My husbands snapper sandwich was very good as well.
We were sad to leave at checkout time.
If I was going to stay in the upper keys again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here...I would just look into a king size bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a King bed if they have one.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ClaudiaMN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
4.0 of 5 stars 4,108 reviews

Been to Islander Resort, a Guy Harvey Outpost? Share your experiences!