Islander Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
Casa Morada(Islamorada)
Kon-Tiki Resort(Islamorada)
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
1,499 results
All reviewsguy harveyscreened in porchbar and grillhot tubsalt waterpool areafishing pierkey westsmall kitchenettewater sportslounge chairsfull kitchenocean viewpicnic tableslaid backceiling fanbeach front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Even with Trip Advisor and the net, sometimes it's still hard to "find your way. Ken @ Key Dives gave me what turned out to be wonderful advice. The Islander is a 50's ish, one story, sort of "Keysy" looking resort that holds many wonderful surprises. Our room was right by the two pools, one saltwater, one freshwater, close to the resturant and the "Keys style beach". The room was spacious, spotlessly clean, freshly painted with a nice screened back porch, picnic table, BBQ, kitchenette, plenty of closet space, etc.... The bed was fine, plenty of pillows, plenty of kitchen utensils, bathroom, no complaints. The internet and flat screen TV worked just fine. Just across the parking lot was clean laundry facilities which helps lighten the load for air travel. The resturant was good but Islamorada really has some Fine, World Class Resturants so it's a tough league to compete in. The staff @ The Islander is another thing that really sets them apart from anywhere else. Trish, Ellen, Eva, Housekeeping, and everyone else couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. As fate would have it, my wife had a couple of medical needs and the front desk recommended a Dr's Office about 20 minutes away who saw her immediately and helped with our medical needs. Additionally, we needed a "late check out" when we decided to not experience the hurricane that's battering the keys as I write this review and once again, the staff said,"no problem". So, The Islander is not a Ritz style 5-Star Resort in the Keys, but they get all 5 Stars from us!! One minor complaint,...we saw a crowd by the water sports hut and found out later that the Manatees had come to visit, which they do often. I checked on several subsequent mornings and, no Manatees.....I guess you just can't find good, reliable Manatees anymore!

Room Tip: This is a Family Resort, plenty of kids, all ages.....
Reviewed August 25, 2012

the plus :
* large rooms with real kitchenettes, dining area outside and BBQ - modern and simple deco.
* Nice swimming pools with a bar
* view on the sea
* nice breakfast
* great restaurant on the other side of the road
* possibility to rent kayaks, jet skis and other things directly from the hotel

The minus :
* We had 2 beds and they were far too soft for 2 adults. Quite disappointed versus the price.
* no beach on this island so none in the hotel - more a hotel view with the possibility to go down to swim - not the best for me.
* Did not like the music at the pool - a personal preference.
* Did not like so much the Island, not much to do to my view, would not have stayed there for a week.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Ever since I was a kid growing up in South Florida and traveling frequently to the Keys, I've always been intrigued by the SIGN!!! It looked so important, exotic and cool.

Many years later, I finally decided to book an overnight stay for myself, son and daughter in law. I was pleasantly surprised!!! Great, cute rooms - very spacious and clean. There was a full kitchen and separate toilet/shower area so we all had privacy and efficiency while getting dressed.

The patio bar is great with friendly folks, good drinks, cold beer and good food. You have a choice of a salt-water or fresh-water pools. Both were very clean and inviting. The private beach is really wide...but remember...this is the Keys!!! Grassy areas in the water.

A complimentary Continental Breakfast is provided and plentiful. The Coffee was really good!!

My only complaint was...at the time of check in, the clerk focused all of her attention on me (good) but..."answered" the phone RUDELY to customers calling in. Curt and Short. Glad I wasn't the one on the phone!

Would I stay there again!?!?!? YES and more than just one night!!!

Room Tip: In my opinion, there are no bad rooms. We stayed in room 326.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed short time at this resort. Rooms are fine large enough for two or more, with kitchen. (No way we were going to cook while on Vacation) Nice to have a large ice box in room. Made a mistake on the room reservation, gave us two standard beds instead of Queen or king. we put up with it. Reservation were screwed up from the start, had the rooms under my girl friend's name, how did that happen. Place was really packed over the weekend. Big party in next area, but the rooms remained quite, no problem. When we checked out, asked if we could use a area to shower after our morning dive before we drove home. Desk clerk, was very rude and acted like we were asking to use her room and shower. And said "No Way!" Was not the type of job a person like that should have.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were so pleased with our accommodations at the Islander Resort. From the full kitchen with dishes, utensils, cookware, coffee maker, toaster and large fridge. The bath towels were quality, and they even made a li'l towel bird placed in a basket with toiletries....cute!
The bed was perfect for my comfort. There was plenty of drawers and closet space. Nice flat screen TV, a dining area, screened lanai, with table and chairs, and in addition a picnic table and grill.
Two pools, a fishing pier and lovely waterfront beach area, not very sandy, but so relaxing. Did not eat at the restaurant but they had a very nice menu. I did enjoy a delicious frozen margarita at the poolside bar....very well made!
Complimentary breakfast was very good! They had a nice variety: english muffins, pastries, waffles to toast, yogurt, apples, bananas, cereals, juice and coffee.
There's nothing I didn't like! Right across the street is Lorelei's a nice choice for dinner, lunch, and drinks. You can walk to some shops and you can drive to other restaurants just a few miles away. Whale Harbor was another good choice for dinner just a short drive from the Islander.
Very pleasent staff too! We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: I liked the location of our room. Beach/Poolside with privacy. Would ask for this room again. #314.