“Love it here”

Lobster Trap Art Gallery
Ranked #7 of 60 things to do in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lobster Trap Art Gallery is a unique gallery full of colorful art from Nadine and Glenn Lahti and other local artists from the Florida Keys. Our artists have created hundreds of original works and our frame shop has constructed thousands of hand built and custom lobster trap frames, made from original lobster trap wood, since 2003. With bright tropical colors and island music playing, come see why this gallery is the epitome of "Island Life". Visit our website to see our online gallery and do more shopping. You don't have to live on the islands to lead the "Island Lifestyle!"
Boynton Beach, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Love it here”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I met the owners of this gallery at the Delray Affair, in Delray Beach, Florida about four months ago. They're are very nice people and have a wonderful selection of pieces at their gallery. Make sure to stop in while you're in the area!! We have three of their pieces in our home now.

lobzilla139, Owner at Lobster Trap Art Gallery, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are honored to know that you have THREE of our pieces in your home! Thanks again!

• Czech first
Miami Dade
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent Art store in Islamorada”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am in the Keys every week and have been a visitor since the late 70's but in the past 5 years, have been collecting Art from local artists.
A couple of years ago,while at Robbies,I saw a stand with cool painted tiles on lobster traps so I bout one. Then,a month later,saw another I liked but the lady told me to go to the gallery store and they could personalize them anyway I wanted so I did.
I met the artists,the lovely couple,Nadine and Glenn and have been buying ever since.
My Chiki hut is full and so is my Florida room,lol.. It makes me feel like I am living in the Keys and my guests all love them.
Don't miss out on this acquiring one of their lovely pieces for you or as a gift.

Visited July 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that your chiki hut and florida room are full with our art! It's great to hear that our pieces can re-create the feeling of being in the Keys. Thanks again!

Miami, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take the Keys home with you”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I love the Keys and I love Lobster Trap Art Gallery. They have great colorful items that take me back to the Keys each time I look at them. My Tiki is decorated with many of their unique items and iithey are a topic of conversation.

Bob,

Thank you for your words of praise! We are delighted to hear that your tiki is decorated with our art and that it has become a topic of conversation for you and your loved ones.

Spring, Texas, United States
“Love stoping”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stopped at the gallery on my way to Key West last summer and almost didn’t make it to Key West. I love the shop and could have spent the rest of the day there. I ended up with 3 beautiful paintings that I just love. Every time I look at them they take me back to keys. I hope to stop there on my next trip to the Keys.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Walter F
Walter,

Thank you for your kind review! Your comment about almost not making it to Key West made us chuckle. Thank you for purchasing 3 of our pieces! We look forward to seeing you again!

Freeport, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Gift Shop in Islamorada!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stopped into Lobster Trap Art in a frenzy to find some FL Keys souvenirs for my family (because I waited too long to shop) and they had everything I was looking for! Really cool and inexpensive artwork, T-shirts, jewelry, music cd's and custom signs (they make them on the spot for you). I even got Nadine (one of the owners and artists) to personally sign the picture I bought!! Now that I have been there in person, I will be doing my Christmas shopping on their web site :-)
Thanks you guys!! You are a life saver!!

1 Thank Karen M
Karen,

We are so happy that you were able to find all of your souveniers in our gallery! Nadine enjoyed meeting you and signing your piece! Thanks so much for the great review and we hope you enjoy your Christmas shopping!