“Excellent Park”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Park”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recommend this park. I have visited it many times with my grandchildren.
If you are a visitor to the Keys stop here for a picnic lunch. Small sandy beach with a shaded playground for little ones. a excersize walk around the park for stretching your legs or needing a break from driving. clean and has a pool also.
children will love it here. also has a dog park area.

Visited November 2012

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A lot of stuff packed into one community park”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

From the dog park, to the beach, to the Olympic pool, tennis courts, amphitheater, marina...one stop, family friendly - I forgot baseball and soccer and basketball oh my!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank AFishingMuse
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent park, beach, pool, sports, picnic”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Excellent park for festival, sports, a small beach and sports. I just moved to the island and plan on spending a lot of time here.

Ottawa, Ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Incredible massive pool with diving boards”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We came across Founders Park as we were searching for a decent beach in the northern keys (fyi there are none, until the southern keys near Bahia Honda). We came across Founders Park in Plantation Key. There is a small beach there (hard ground under the sand) but I was afraid of the possibility of those portuguese jelly fish that are around there (manowar), so I decided against it. I was going to suggest to my fiancee that we leave, but he had already paid $16 for parking (yes, rip off for sure), so we explored the park a bit. We came across this incredibly large pool ( the biggest I have ever seen in my life, at least 10,000 sq ft) and it was completely empty! What luck! We had this entire pool to ourselves with these olympic size diving boards. Great fun. We spent the entire day there until it closed at 6pm. I'm glad we got distracted on our way down to Key West.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jennifer0705
Hammond, Indiana
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Clean”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a great place to go if your resort does not have a pool and you are in the mood for swimming in fresh water. The place is immaculate, there are lifeguards everywhere, they have a high dive, all around perfect. Also there is a beach, kinda shallow but nice. They have kayak rentals, paddle boats and such. There are some pretty large crabs that roam around when all is quiet, early in the morning. Photo attached.

Visited July 2012