“Hard poling , knowledgeable guide who can find the fish....”
Review of A Fishing Guide

A Fishing Guide
More attraction details
Owner description: I'm Captain Steve and I have fished my entire life, but specialize in guided backcountry fishing excursions in the Florida Keys. First-timers, families, couples and seasoned anglers are all welcome aboard to experience the raw beauty that is Florida Bay, Biscayne Bay and Everglades National Park. Based in Islamorada, I specialize in fly and light tackle fishing excursions from the Upper Keys through the Marquesas in Key West.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Everglades National Park closed just before our pre-reserved 3/4 day of fishing. Steve found other areas including a huge flat in the Atlantic. Due to the wind it was choppy and thus visability was reduced. Steve sighted numerous permit and repeatedly put us in position to cast to them.When they turned or refused to eat he poled upwind to give us other shots. We caught one nice permit, he tagged and released it for another lucky angler. While we missed a bunch due to wind and visability problems, not to mention "buck fever" , it was a enjoyable day. He even agreed to cancelled an earlier day and put us with another guide and found us another for the day we had 4 fishermen. He really puts his customers first and has a lot of patience when we missed good shots at permit.

1  Thank John M

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have fished with many guides, but none as good as Captain Steve. I caught the biggest redfish of my life and had the best time. We have fished with Steve allot and he is always on time, he is always smiling and he ALWAYS puts us on the fish. I have fished with other captains in other parts of the nation, and none compare to our captain steve. His knowledge of the everglades along with weather and tide patterns, always blows my mind. I cannot recommend him enough.

1  Thank Chuck R
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My partner and I recently spent seven wonderful days in the Florida Keys. The entire trip was no less than amazing. Also no less than AMAZING was our day of fishing with Captain Steve. What a perfect ending to the perfect trip. Captain Steve was a delight to be on the water with. His knowledge of the area and his pure joy and passion for what he does is inspiring. I am not an experienced "fisher woman" and Captain Steve made me feel like I was just as important as someone much more experienced. The day was beautiful, fun, exciting, relaxing, and inspiring. A fishing trip with Captain Steve is the PERFECT day in the Keys. Many, many thanks Captain Steve and we can't wait to book our next fishing trip!

1  Thank Mandy D
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I were in the Florida Keys for the first time and Capt. Steve made our outing the highlght of our trip. Steve is a fun guy,with tons of knowledge and patience. Wheather its your first time fishing or your a seasoned vet,you will not be disappointed. Steve had to deal with some tough weather conditions but was able to consistently put us in a position to catch fish and thats all you can ask for. We were able to catch at least 5 different species of fish and we also saw some beautiful wildlife including stingrays and manatees. My only regret was that we didn't have more time to spend on the water with Steve.You will laugh have fun and most importantly catch fish. Our next trip to the Keys will definately include another trip with Steve.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

When you wait all year to go fishing in the florida Keys you want do do it with the right fishing guide and Captain Steve is your man. He is knowledgeable, hard working and a pleasure to be with. I highly recommend you look Steve up when you are in the keys and don't worry if you are not experienced Steve is patient and and a great teacher