“Tons of fun”

Florissant, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tons of fun”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Awesome stop on the overseas highway. A quirky blast of bright colors, beautiful hand-made art and crafts, and factory-made tourist junk. You must have lunch at the cafe. The woman who single-handed runs it (forgot her name) was amazing, as was the black bean burger. The arts and crafts are expensive, but justified for the quality. Look for the giant lobster sculpture on the side of the road to welcome you.

Visited January 2013

Adrian, Michigan
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place to stop and to shop local artisans”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

It had been several years since we had been back to this Artisan shopping spot so we were so happy to see it thriving. Lots and lots of local art and our favorite Sculpture Gallery was also still there! This is a must see gallery!! It was Shop Small Business Day when we were at the Rain Barrel and we shopped!!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Stop for the art....stay for the pie....”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stop for the art (or the big spiny lobster!)....but sty for the key lime pie! I bought a slice of key lime pie from the little bakery inside the series of shops and it was not disappointing. Everything is home made and tastes it. Grab something while you walk around. Some shops don't allow food, so eat it while getting an overview and after returning your dishes, go back to the ones you wanted to visit.

Visited December 2012
Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Can't believe that I've not reviewed this gem!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

As a South Floridian, I visit the Keys often and The Rain Barrel has always been a must stop for me. Now, I have to say that for a few years I was uninspired by what I saw at the Rain Barrel, but this last time I fell back in love with the place! Normally the prices were a turn off, but something has changed and the local artists and merchants have lowered their prices a bit and I ended up w a gorgeous bracelet, an Ikebana vase & a wooden spoon which is gorgeous. I wish they had some live music from time to time, but overall the experience is very positive. It's a must do for me. My husband already knows the drill :)

Visited November 2012
1 Thank DamianaFlorida
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Great Place To Stop, Great LOCAL talent.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is another great place to stop on your way north or south in the Florida Keys.

The Artisan Village is a collection of ten to fifteen vendors with everything from handmade pottery, hand painted signs, jewelry, paintings, etc..

It's a small collection of rustic buildings, all connected and about as quaint as you can get. There is also a small coffee shop with some incredible baked goods.

It’s constantly changing, so suggest making it a part of each trip to the keys.

Lots of little stuff, glass, decorations. Keep a close watch on little children.

Visited October 2012