“It's the Keys”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Lighthouse Point, Florida, United States
“It's the Keys”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We visit Islamorada at least twice a year and this year had our wedding here at Postcard Inn. The grounds are perfect for a wedding venue. We had our ceremony or rumrunners beach and reception at the Beach Pavillion cabana. It really was gorgeous!

As far as the hotel itself, Postcard Inn did a really nice job of updating the rooms with a beach-chic appeal but stopped short of renovating the bathrooms. Typical of how things work in the keys, they tend to do very cheap construction work and quality is minimal.

The cost of the hotel is ridiculously high for the quality of the room, but again, its the Keys, everything is more expensive. Of all the hotels in Islamorada, I have to say the Postcard Inn is probably the best of any of them Of course, there is always Cheeca Lodge that is really nice but its double the price. I wouldnt turn people away from Postcard Inn b/c the amenities around it are nice and again the rooms are cute...they just need some sprucing up. I hope that Postcard Inn has seen enough comments on here about the bathrooms to start doing something to improve them.

Notes for what to expect:
1. the beach is not much... its the keys, they dont have white sandy beaches its all coral. There is a small little beach at the hotel but its not much and most of the time its consumed with seaweed depending on the year. My recommendation, rent a boat or jetski and go out to the sandbar (just a few hundred yards out on the water)

2. Regardless of the price, its not luxury by any means, but its as good as Islamorada gets.

3. Amenities nearby are the selling factor - the beach/water is literally right there, the pool is nice, the 2 tiki bars, Shulas2 for breakfast,lunch,dinner and theres another waterside cafe thats nice too for lunch or snacks. Also there are kayaks, jetskis, paddleboards for rent, and there is a marina on site for boat rentals and fishing charters.

Its a great place for a weekend getaway or a stop over to Key West. Its definitely a perfect venue for a wedding and I have got nothing but raving reviews about how beautiful my wedding was.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank HeatherL1674
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Greetings HeatherL1674 -

Thank you so much for all the PCI love! We are delighted that you had a fabulous stay at our beach resort and you obviously relished your stay while on "island" time. We appreciate your feedback and have big plans for the future - We can't wait for you to come back and see all of the wonderful things in the works that will amaze and astound our beach resort guests! Wish you were here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had my wedding here. It was a GORGEOUS venue, with the exception of the price that is highly overrated. (Wendy-the director of catering was the only great person here and isn't a concern at all when booking a wedding)

Rooms for several of my guests had busted AC vents, which caused uncomfortable rooms. My wedding night room was nothing special, it was more like a closet & they knew it was our wedding night!
For the prices of the rooms, venue spots, food, drinks, etc this hotel should offer more for the guests. (The 300 and 400 blocks have busted doors and anyone can just walk through them.---also the very hot buildings)

I went to Costa Rica for my honeymoon, immediately following my stay at postcard and they provided us with a welcome drink, took our bags, gave us a tour, free massage, and decorated our room for our honeymoon....(all for a cheaper price per night than the postcard inn offers)

Also, watch out for them loosing your reservation or double charging you...A few more problems my guests ran in to...

PCI, You really need to acknowledge your guests' and all the money they have spent at your resort!
We brought so much business to your resort the weekend of July 19th & yet nothing was done out of the ordinary to make us feel special......nothing.

Sorry to say, we won't be spending our 1 year here. Too many other places have more to offer and actually enjoy us staying with them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank noles414
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Greetings Noles414 -

Thank you for sharing with us about what transpired during your destination wedding here at PCI. Your feedback is a critical tool towards our future success. Obviously we missed many opportunities to WOW you or create special memories from your wedding. Thank you for recognizing Wendy - she is a wonderful asset to our PCI Team. Please contact me to further discuss your stay - jpfander@holidayisle.com. I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon. Wish you were here!
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The pics on tripadvisor made the place look great. Not true. What a disappointment ------everything is really shabby. Where is the beautiful white sand beach ??? Thank goodness we only stayed one night.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank JackandGoody
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Greetings Jack and Goody -

We appreciate your feedback from your stay at PCI. Obviously, we missed several opportunities to win you over to our little slice of paradise in the Keys. Please contact me at jpfander@holidayisle.com to further discuss your stay. I am looking forward to our conversation at your earliest convenience. Wish you were here!
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The photos of PCI are professionally deceiving. While the rooms are nicely decorated the pool and beach areas are run down and much smaller than expected. The room decor will not look nice for long. They don't take care of it. We stayed 4 nights and housekeeping was terrible. They never vacuumed the room or wiped down surfaces. Bugs had been smashed against the walls and never cleaned and ants crawled all over the nightstand. The front desk was called for assistance that never showed. We stayed in a room without a view and over 4 nights paid an average of $250 a night. Then there's the $15 per day resort fee, a ridiculous add on fee. Although after talking with management about my experience and upcoming review, Joe did waive the resort fee for us. My overall experience was disappointing in a way over priced PCI. I suggest you keep looking.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Fl4me
Greetings F14me -

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at PCI. We are terribly disappointed that your experience did not leave you with a WOW feeling from your time at our beach resort. Although we tried to find opportunities to make things better for you and your family, it seems that you are still unsatisfied with the results. Please contact me to further discuss your recent stay - jpfander@holidayisle.com. I am eager to speak with you about your PCI experience. Wish you were here!
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed one night of my two night reservation. Due to the fact my hotel room was very dirty. The inside door was filthy, the pillows had stains on them, my husband found hair on the bed, I found hair in the bathroom. My husband took a shower in the morning the drain was clogged so bad. The guy at the front desk came up to unclog it. It didn't work so I was given a key to a different room to shower in. The ONLY reason we stayed was because we had a fishing charter booked for the next morning very early.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Jennifer B
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Greetings Jennifer B -

Thank you for sharing with us about your recent stay at PCI. We obviously missed several opportunities to create wonderful vacation memories for you and your family. Please contact me at jpfander@holidayisle.com to further discuss your stay. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Wish you were here!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Holiday Isle for many years and thought that when they remodeled the hotel it would be amazing. I was very disappointed with the room that we stayed in (#714) the dokr was totally dilapidated and in desperate need to be replaced. We did not get to stay in the main hotel, it was one of their other buildings which still had old rusty window type a/c units! ! Needless to say it was a below average stay and we will not be staying there anymore!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Isa H
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Greetings Isa H -

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at PCI. We appreciate your feedback about your room and we wish you would have let us know that it was not up to your expected standards. Our mission at PCI is WOW our guests and create memorable vacation experiences - obviously we missed this opportunity for you and your family. Please contact me to further discuss your stay - jpfander@holidayisle.com. We are looking forward to having you back at PCI soon. Wish you were here!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were super excited about our week vacation to the Keys! We check out different locations online but ultimately booked the Postcard Inn on the advise of one our friends. The website showed a great view of the ocean, nicely decorated rooms, a pool, private beach and tiki bar. We arrived on a Monday and the check-in process went well. We had an ocean view room in building 100. The view was awesome as we were on the third floor!!! The room, however, was just average. The decor was nice and the room was spacious but the sheets were stained, the pillows were horrible and the towels were old and dinghy and there was mildew/mold on the walls. There were no washcloths at all. The bathroom had no space for personal items and this included the shower. But, on a high note, the television was nice. But we weren't there to watch tv. After getting settled in the room, we went to explore the resort. There was the Tiki Bar and a little ocean front Raw Bar (where you could get a pitcher of mojitos for $20!!). The beach was quaint and you could rent jet ski and small boats, as well as kayaks and paddle boards right on-site. The pool was smaller than it looked online and the beach access located right in front of building 100 was full of seaweed our entire stay. You could not swim it at all. The first part of the week was quiet. We went to the pool and luckily we had our own towels because there was no one manning the towel distribution (which you had to sign out and back in your towels by room---really??). After a day at the pool, we decided to go snorkeling. Definitely use Islamorada Boat Tours for a nice 3-hr snorkeling tour!! Next we went night kayaking at Aquaholics, which is also on-site. Both of these were great fun. The place became a little more lively towards the end of the week with live bands at both the Tiki Bar and Raw Bar. The sights and activities in the Keys are great! But, overall, the Postcard Inn was just average, especially for the price!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Patti S
Greetings Patti S -

Thank you for your comprehensive review about PCI from your recent stay. We are glad you had a great time at our beach resort, but disappointed we were not aware of the short comings of your guest room. Please let us know about anything that is affecting your vacation - we strive each day to create positive, memorable vacation memories for our guests. Please contact me to discuss your recent stay - jpfander@holidayisle.com. Despite a few "false starts" in our guest room department, you seemed to have a great stay at PCI and we cannot wait to have you back soon. Wish you were here!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Hilton Key Largo Resort
Hilton Key Largo Resort
#14 of 19 in Key Largo
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,820 reviews

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!