We visit Islamorada at least twice a year and this year had our wedding here at Postcard Inn. The grounds are perfect for a wedding venue. We had our ceremony or rumrunners beach and reception at the Beach Pavillion cabana. It really was gorgeous!
As far as the hotel itself, Postcard Inn did a really nice job of updating the rooms with a beach-chic appeal but stopped short of renovating the bathrooms. Typical of how things work in the keys, they tend to do very cheap construction work and quality is minimal.
The cost of the hotel is ridiculously high for the quality of the room, but again, its the Keys, everything is more expensive. Of all the hotels in Islamorada, I have to say the Postcard Inn is probably the best of any of them Of course, there is always Cheeca Lodge that is really nice but its double the price. I wouldnt turn people away from Postcard Inn b/c the amenities around it are nice and again the rooms are cute...they just need some sprucing up. I hope that Postcard Inn has seen enough comments on here about the bathrooms to start doing something to improve them.
Notes for what to expect:
1. the beach is not much... its the keys, they dont have white sandy beaches its all coral. There is a small little beach at the hotel but its not much and most of the time its consumed with seaweed depending on the year. My recommendation, rent a boat or jetski and go out to the sandbar (just a few hundred yards out on the water)
2. Regardless of the price, its not luxury by any means, but its as good as Islamorada gets.
3. Amenities nearby are the selling factor - the beach/water is literally right there, the pool is nice, the 2 tiki bars, Shulas2 for breakfast,lunch,dinner and theres another waterside cafe thats nice too for lunch or snacks. Also there are kayaks, jetskis, paddleboards for rent, and there is a marina on site for boat rentals and fishing charters.
Its a great place for a weekend getaway or a stop over to Key West. Its definitely a perfect venue for a wedding and I have got nothing but raving reviews about how beautiful my wedding was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Florida Keys favorite beloved by beach-lovers and boaters, the oceanfront Postcard Inn Beach Resort and Marina (or PCI for short) in Islamorada is located minutes from Key Largo and a short drive from Fort Lauderdale/Miami and Key West. This iconic resort blends the retro, throwback atmosphere of a nostalgic American beach vacation with modern amenities like WiFi, iPod docks and flat-screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Resorts And Marina
- Holiday Isle Resorts & Marina Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Islamorada