We stayed at this hotel for a wedding this past weekend. Initially we were given a terrible room, (DO NOT TAKE ROOM 119, IT IS THE WORST ROOM ON THE PROPERTY!!) but after some arguing (and the mother of the bride happened to come to the front desk at the same time), we were given a much better room. The rooms were cute and the grounds were quite pleasant. My only complaint was that the beach was choking with seaweed. The hotel staff spent a lot of time elsewhere instead of making they're best asset usuable for swimmers and sun bathers. I tried to remove several armfuls of seaweed so that I could enjoy the water, and was told by one of the guys who rents the jet skis to stop. The day before, the beach had not been raked and my little boy walked through the seaweed and nearly stepped on a long florescent bulb that had washed up during the night, along with other garbage. It could have resulted in a serious accident. I reported it to the front desk, but they did not appear concerned. This was such a disappointment. I love the beach, and we stayed here over other hotels because the pictures on the website boasted a nice beach, which is not common in the Keys. The seaweed could easily be collected in the morning and used for mulch or thrown away. Instead it is left to ruin what could be a lovely little beach. The staff at this hotel were not friendly at all. It appeared as though they were annoyed with having any guests. After the wedding an incident occurred at the bar because two of the overseas guests were refused a drink, despite presenting official government ID (they were not drunk). The parents were present and still they were denied service. The police became involved and resolved the issue, however, the hotel/bar staff remained rude and unappreciative of the significant revenue they made from having all of us there. My suggestion to the Postcard Inn is this: if you do not like hosting weddings, then don't do them! We spent lots of money there during our 4 day stay, and the staff could have been a lot nicer to the guests. The live music during the day was very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Florida Keys favorite beloved by beach-lovers and boaters, the oceanfront Postcard Inn Beach Resort and Marina (or PCI for short) in Islamorada is located minutes from Key Largo and a short drive from Fort Lauderdale/Miami and Key West. This iconic resort blends the retro, throwback atmosphere of a nostalgic American beach vacation with modern amenities like WiFi, iPod docks and flat-screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Resorts And Marina
- Holiday Isle Resorts & Marina Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Islamorada