“Hopping place but rooms need some TLC”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked this stay through a third party travel service and got a great deal. Well.. you get what you pay for -is the lesson learned. It was a great location but the rooms we stayed in needed to be refreshed. Our resurfaced tub was peeling, and the kleenex box kept falling out of the wall. My pet peeve though, of any hotel room- and was the case here, there was no fan in the bathroom. Why??? It seems like it should be a basic necessity. On the good side we were there to do all the outside stuff and for that it was perfect- just a place to sleep. The dive shop was excellent and it was close to other great restaurants and "1a1" jet ski tours which was totally off the hook. All in all a good place for college kids, people looking to save some money or people not looking for a luxury resort. Definitely do not pay hotel rate- was more than double what I paid through third party.

Room Tip: Do not take the efficiencies unless you are a college student and are used to living in dorm like co...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FLAparent
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to see you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a mini getaway. When we checked in the staff was nice, although a little unprofessional talking to each other about personal stuff. We spent a lot to stay here and the room was very run down. We THOUGHT we were staying in a one bedroom suite with oceanfront view. When actually it was a room all the way in the back with run down appliances and a room that smelled of must. We tried talking to someone about it, but they told us there were no other rooms available. We stayed in the I'm remolded version, which looked like a motel 6. I would have been happy to get my money back and stay somewhere else. Although the premises is beautiful set on the ocean, it seems more of an expensive motel 6. Save your money and book some where else!!!!!

2  Thank Love4vacations84

Thank you for taking the time to write. We appreciate your comments and have shared them with our staff and owners. I've contacted you through your Trip Advisor account for more details.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

As mentioned in other reviews, this is definitely not a five star "resort," and a bit pricey for what you're paying for, but all in all, we enjoyed it. Had a group of about 30 people for a friend's wedding, so it was able to accommodate us all, and having the multiple bars and restaurants on site made it very convenient! If you come to Islamorada, I would recommend staying here

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your comments and recommendations. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed in one of the oceanfront rooms for three 4 nights during the first week of lobster season and we had an incredible time. Beautiful location, the staff is courteous and helpful and the pools and bars are great place to relax and take in the beautiful setting. Highly recommended and I am missing the pace already!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elmorebucfan
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thanks for the review. We're glad you had a great time and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My Husband and I recently had our wedding at the Post Card Inn and it couldn't have been a more perfect location! PCI has a beautiful beach and pool on the beach where our guest were able to relax during their stay. PCI also has food and bars on the property, so you don't have to leave if you don't want to! And the staff at the hotel were extremely helpful in coordinating the wedding (Wendy, Maggie, and Amy). The food at our reception was wonderful, along with the decorations and decor provided by the hotel. I felt as though the location was tropical and easy to get to from the airports. We truly had a magical wedding, complete with a rainbow, and were blown away by the views at the hotel...can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review and congratulations! We were honored to have your wedding here and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My and I decided to travel down to Islamorada for a birthday getaway, upon checking into out room, we immediately noticed a few problems.. I.e.. The room was dirty, the bathroom had chipped paint. I went back down to the front desk to demand a refund, Nikki and Consuelo were so helpful, their concern was genuine, Consuelo even suggested an upgrade, but at that point we were ready to leave. If it had not been for these two young ladies going over and beyond to try and accommodate us, our trip would have been a complete disaster. They were so helpful and I was so appreciative that I bought them a coke to show my appreciation. It's people them that make you say" you know, I'll give it another shot" and I will!!!

1  Thank Nader00
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the second chance and the kind words about Nikki and Consuelo. The staff takes great pride in the services they provide and always try to right our wrongs and assist all they can. We're glad you stayed and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

First, this is not a 5 star hotel so if that's what' your looking for look elsewhere. This hotel has an amazing location with all the activities you want right on premise. I came with my wife and 4 year old to get away for a mini vacation before school started. We went from tue-fri so it wasn't that crowded or crazy. We got an amazing rate and had a beach front room and an awesome view.
The room was updated and perfect for what we needed it for. The bathroom wasn't updated but who cares, how much time do you actually stay in there. The bed was not too comfortable but we do own a very comfortable temper-pedic bed so I wouldn't use my review as a good basis. The a/c is noisy but what hotel room doesn't have a loud a/c. In all honesty you don't come to this place for the decor of the room but for the location of the property. This place is very relaxing if you want to chill by the pool with a cocktail or catch rays on the beach and swim in the little lagoon area. Jet skis, paddle boats and little moter boats all are on site so if you want to rent any of those they are available.
The food on property is ok a little over priced but you pay for convenience. There are plenty of great restraints within a five minute ride. If you can afford it I highly recommend Chef Michaels.
I can't really review the night life since we traveled with our 4 year old our evenings ended a bit early. Though I can say we stayed in building 100 and didn't hear a peep of partying or music if any of that was going on.
The staff was very friendly and attentive, Nikki at the front desk was amazing. We had a very relaxing stay and would recommend this place to everyone as long as you keep your expectations in proper perspective. We will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Highly recommend a ocean view unless your just coming to party with your friends
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stuart B

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit. We appreciate the detail and comments. We look forward to your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
Ocean House
Ocean House
#1 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!