Stayed at the Postcard Inn on a family vacation. This place has everything in place to be such a great hotel. The location is unbeatable, the beach, the activities, the staff (well, most of the staff), but it missed the mark by providing bathrooms in near deplorable conditions. Our bedroom was clean and obviously somewhat recently refurbished, so to find the bathroom in this condition was frustrating. Our room was away from the beach, which initially seemed less than desirable, but in the end we came to appreciate our location. We heard a few other guests who had the beach front rooms complain that the noise from the bars kept them up late. The rooms have a floor AC unit, which is a bit noisy, but worked well and was sufficient for our needs.
The staff is very accommodating and quite pleasant with one notable concern: we had just checked in when my brother was walking to our room and crossed paths with a staff member, who asked him if he was going to his room. As soon as my brother said 'yes', pointing to the room (it was only a couple of doors away), the man quickly opened the door using his own key card - my brother hadn't asked him to do so. He never even knocked on the door and my wife and daughter were in the room. Luckily, they were dressed. Perhaps he was being overly courteous (we'll give him the benefit of the doubt), but courtesy in a hotel is as important as security and respect for its guests. Fortunately, the situation did not repeat itself.
One more thing that can use improvement: the staff at the breakfast cafe were either overwhelmed or need a refresher course in customer service. Each morning we ended up picking up our own menus, going to the counter to get our check, and almost fighting off the ill-tempered (?) bus girl to keep her from picking up our plates before we were done. We saw other patrons go through the same thing. Oh, well, some things you have to brush off, but this could be so easily addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Florida Keys favorite beloved by beach-lovers and boaters, the oceanfront Postcard Inn Beach Resort and Marina (or PCI for short) in Islamorada is located minutes from Key Largo and a short drive from Fort Lauderdale/Miami and Key West. This iconic resort blends the retro, throwback atmosphere of a nostalgic American beach vacation with modern amenities like WiFi, iPod docks and flat-screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Resorts And Marina
- Holiday Isle Resorts & Marina Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Islamorada