“Pretty Place!”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

we loved the décor in the room - seriously loved it although it was small and if you looked closely you could see that it was basically cosmetic and could use some more care. Pool was beautiful and the beach while not swimmer friendly was nice to look at. We really liked it here.

Room Tip: we were all the way on the side by the road. 400s - would have liked a room closer to the pool and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dee L
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Like Donna from ATL, I too was at the class reunion event on July 20th. She forgot to mention that the A/C in the Horizon Room wasn't working. Knowing that I would be returning 2 weeks later for a wedding I alerted the family of the bride. Management at PCI were promptly notified and had ample time to resolve their A/C issues. They failed. A supplemental A/C had recently been installed but was not connected electrically. A large fan was brought into the Horizon Room to make a lot of wind (and noise). Until upper management starts to take real action, PCI will remain as a so-so resort with amenities that do not live up to their prices.

Friends of ours in Bldg 200 had a water leak in their unit which was never fixed during a 2 night stay. Our room in Bldg 100 was ok but not worth the $.

Great location but needs real attention and less lip service. Ben?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for writing. We were indeed notified about the AC issues and we took immediate action to supplement the existing systems. Unfortunately the installation was not completed within the 2 week window. Every effort was made, as you noted a new additional unit was in place. Because this review is of a personal nature, I have responded to your individual trip advisor account.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nice little resort on the way out to Key West. Nicely renovated rooms, good facilities including; pool, beach and boat/scooter rentals. The immediate area also offers a very good dive shop (including nice dives), several charters (deep sea fishing) options (15-20% cheaper than Key West) and a number of bars and restaurants. An excellent place to stop on the way to Key West and stay a few days and maybe a bit longer than planned.

Room Tip: Only accept rooms facing water, and in the new section
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EKnive

Thank you for taking the time to write about the resort. We're glad to see you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

From the time we checked in till we checked out we had not one complaint!•••••our room was great!•••food great, service great••••it's rare to find a hotel that is pet friendly, but, our two poodles were more than welcome!!!!!!••••I believe if you look for things to complain about (in any hotel) you will find them,for me I'm too busy having a GOOD time when I'm on vacation!•••check out the Postcard Inn at Holiday isle,you will not be disappointed •••••••••

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Robbie G

Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great visit and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been coming down to this resort for 18 years. I along with many people come down for rest and relaxation, the great Reggae music in the afternoon from Yishka and the great atmosphere at the pool bar that the bartender Kim would provide.
Now with the new ownership there is no longer any Reggae music and Kim is gone!
What is the point in returning? I just don't get it and I don't think the new owners get it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Dan J
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. Yishka is still here performing Reggae music every Sunday at the Wreck Bar. He can reach a wider audience and we maintain guest safety as well as fun in the pool area. We have some great bartenders who take a lot of pride in the service they provide that would love to see you and serve your favorite cocktails. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Postcard Inn. We've been going to the Keys for the last 5 years, but had never been to PCI at Holiday Isle so we thought we would give it a shot. We got to the hotel at 2 p.m. and our room wasn't ready which we knew may happen since we were early (check in isn't until 4.) They gave us 2 complimentary drink tickets to use while we wait, which I thought was nice. The girl that we were speaking to said it would only be about 30 minutes and she would call us when the room was ready. We set out for our first drink and to look around the property. About an hour and half later, we went back to the front desk because we still hadn't been called. The person who checked us in had left and new people were working. A little weird that she forgot about us, but whatever. We were given a room in building 3. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It would have been nice to have a mini fridge. We didn't use the pool, but spent a lot of the two days at the swimming area at the beach. We had dinner one night at the raw bar and both my husband and I really liked what we ordered. From 4-7 there was a really good happy hour in both of the tiki bars and raw bar (they don't have it at the pool bar.) I really think the Rum Rummers tiki bar is great, and it's so neat to see it in the Zac Brown Band video! But the first night they were having issues with their credit card machine and I wish the bartender would have told me before I ordered. We had ran out of cash and planned to get more the next day, so I was using my debit card for the purchases that evening. After he gave us our drinks, he said the machine was down and made me go to the other tiki bar and get cash out of their ATM. It was literally a $4 round (happy hour.) He could have taken my name and room number down?? I think if I were the bartender, I would have handled it differently. We watched kaoroke one night at the tiki bar and that was fun. There is really nothing close to walk to, so you either eat on property or have to drive. One night we called a cab company that the front desk referred us to and the cab driver was quick and really nice (Tom was his name!) Overall it was a nice stay, but I think I have liked the other hotels that we have stayed in around Islamorada a little better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. We've shared your comments with our staff and we sincerely appreciate the feedback. It's through feedback like yours that helps us improve our delivery of services. We realize there are many choices here in the Keys and we appreciate choosing PCI at Holiday Isle. We hope you will give us another opportunity and visit again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming here for years. I love what they have done with the place. We ran into the night manger who was great, look the idea it's a "family" place again, the front desk girls were so nice, love the new looks of the rooms and marina. We are coming back in a few weeks to relax all over again thank you again to the post card inn

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ralph H
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. Welcome back! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
Ocean House
Ocean House
#1 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!